VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Utterly irrelevant.

Is it? It’s one of the things that needs to be considered.

I personally think it should be off but in order to discuss intelligently we need to look at the actual rule and breakdown what happened.

I’ve personally seen an absolute ton of goals like that given including for and against us. You could even argue that KDB’s goal in the CL 1/4 final vs PSG in 2016 was offside.

Tbh, I don’t think the law and application is consistent and that’s why we have these issues.

Is it? It’s one of the things that needs to be considered.

I personally think it should be off but in order to discuss intelligently we need to look at the actual rule and breakdown what happened.

I’ve personally seen an absolute ton of goals like that given including for and against us. You could even argue that KDB’s goal in the CL 1/4 final vs PSG in 2016 was offside.

Tbh, I don’t think the law and application is consistent and that’s why we have these issues.

It was offside and it the new rules say it's not, they are a crock.

I said at the time it was definitely offside…….shouldn’t be debatable……
He was offside but the officials interpreted the law correctly as, unlike the vast majority of people including the expert pundits, they actually understand the guidelines re a player interfering with play
Do I agree with the guideline no but, I’ve read them

I've never understood this clear and obvious error bullshit.
Doesn’t come into it for the goal yesterday
VAR confirms offside no other incidents to consider Ref decides on the interfering issue it’s his decision with the help of lino if necessary

Probably but I wonder if more of them would be genuinely honest. They do the hardest and most important job and get nothing for it.

Maybe we could get a load of Tibetan monks. Or nuns. Or midwives. Or firemen. Or uroligists. There must be a set of people that can try to be consistent, honest and trustworthy.
It’s easier than that.. Mic them all up and broadcast everything they say verbatim.. There’s absolutely no hiding place then

Scotland just finding out that VAR is shit too. Might have been a foul but certainly not a clear and office error. The fact that the ref made it look like he was giving the goal and then signifying the free kick made it even worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.