VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about if you gain an advantage? That would be radical.
Yeah then you were interfering IF you gained the advantage, but if akanji were stood out of whatever zone was decided on and ake heads the ball straight in, then akanji is onside if hes stood inside that zone then hes off

Im making this up as im sat with my brew in the garden. The powers that be who are paid a big wage and its their actual job to decide the rules want to make it as vague as possible

Wonder why

Sensible VAR decision there in the Palace game not to award a penalty ( albeit in relation to an incident that Pre VAR would never have been remotely considered a penalty, slomo again emphasising the contact).
Which of course is one of VAR's problems in that you've seen them given.

He was offside but the officials interpreted the law correctly as, unlike the vast majority of people including the expert pundits, they actually understand the guidelines re a player interfering with play
Do I agree with the guideline no but, I’ve read them
Where did you read the guidelines?

Just bin it now I mean fair enough if they where getting hard decisions wrong but your talking basics here
Sympathise with you mate but unfortunately it's here to stay.
So let's simplify and improve it.
For a start leave out handball decisions and possible offences in the build up - leave these to the on field officials.
Adopt the 'Wenger proposal' for offside whereby there's no offside if any part of the attacker is onside - this would ensure more goals, be more in keeping with the spirit of the offside law and in the case of tight decisions benefits the attacker which is surely what we all want?

If the red teams score the same goal what do you thing the media would say, so fuck great header by Ake

If the red teams score the same goal what do you thing the media would say, so fuck great header by Ake
They have. Salah today impeding the keepers sight whilst offside for the Dippers first.
Goal allowed ( no surprise with England on Var) but no outrage so far:

Attachments

• IMG_2905.jpeg
    IMG_2905.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 53
When Mike Dean confirmed what we already knew that officials are influenced by things off the pitch it made me wonder why there are two grounds in the PL where VAR decisions are not communicated on big screens.

If they can’t force OT and Anfield to have screens then no other ground’s screens should be used for VAR.

100% offside and a joke of a decision, we would be going crazy on here today if Fulham had scored a goal like that.

Refereeing in this country, has it ever been as poor and as inconsistent as of now?
I agree.

It highlights the inconsistency/Incompetence/corruption* of match officials.

The dippers one was allowed as well which had an even stronger arguement than Ake's being disallowed.

If the inconsistency/Incompetence/corruption* with regards to this rule continues team will get cute with offside/players blocking keepers view and rolling the dice on if the officials give it.

*Choose which is applicable from your viewpoint

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.