VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scotland just finding out that VAR is shit too. Might have been a foul but certainly not a clear and office error. The fact that the ref made it look like he was giving the goal and then signifying the free kick made it even worse.
If a player gets his leg near the ball as the other guy is in the motion of kicking the ball, and then kicks the other guys leg, then that too me isn't a foul! It's like the kev one last season. The defender kicked the atttackers leg, not the other way around. Harsh I thought.
But the ref gave the goal sort of :-)

Espn attempt to justify the Rags offside goal

Reading this article where ESPN consistently state that normally or Typically the goal would be off side. The difference of course is that this is the Rags losing at Old Trafford and we’re coming up to 80 minutes
That's when I stopped reading Dale Johnson's bullshit. He is just relaying the official view and wouldn't get input if he deviated. It was bollocks then and it will be bollocks again on Monday.

Everybody knows both were offside. Just change the God awful guidelines and get it right. It's not fucking difficult.

Akanji was offside. I would want it called if against us. But this is the trouble. Week in week out goals are given/not given for very similar things .

Couldnt the rule be if youre inside the 6 yard box u are deemed to Be interfering with play? Or between the posts?
Has to be more black n white but the powers that be seem to be reluctant or unable to get it right

Akanji was offside. I would want it called if against us. But this is the trouble. Week in week out goals are given/not given for very similar things .

Couldnt the rule be if youre inside the 6 yard box u are deemed to Be interfering with play? Or between the posts?
Has to be more black n white but the powers that be seem to be reluctant or unable to get it right

What about if you gain an advantage? That would be radical.

No he starts to move then hesitates a fraction of a second to see if Akanji gets a touch on it before he can commit. I think he makes the save fairly easily without the hesitation.

We got away with one here and luckily scored a hatful after but it definitely but a different complexion on the half time team talks.

I refer to Johnson's "official" explanation:

The real case for discussion is about Ederson, and whether his actions would have changed had Rashford not been there. Perhaps, but Rashford doesn't impact the goalkeeper's ability to come and play the ball. He may affect his choice to do so, and how he might shape for a save, but the law doesn't discuss how a player might behave differently if the offside player isn't present; it only discusses the ability of an opponent to play the ball."

All bollocks and I agree with you, of course, but that is how stupid the guidelines are.

I only agree with the final sentence in that they’re terrible with it.

It should be a complement to the game.

Absolutely but we are dealing with an organisation that is unfit for purpose, incompetent at best and corrupt at worst.

The greatest league in world football is being consistently let down.

The problem you have with VAR and its officials is they have to play by the rule book written in black and white

The AKE header The keeper had a clear view of the header, So the line of sight was not blocked by Akanji so it's not offside, Now did Akanji make a movement towards the ball ? that is the only doubt that the Keeper could say in I had to change my movement, So the VAR officials were right to allow the goal because of the first Ake header Akanji was not blocking the keeper's view

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.