VAR Discussion Thread - 2023/24 | PL clubs to vote on whether to scrap VAR (pg413)

Would you want VAR scrapped?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t for VAR. I can accept refs making mistakes even great players have shit games. For them to have so long to look at things like our 2nd yesterday and still get it wrong is ridiculous. VAR takes away a lot of what makes football great for fans at games and still makes loads of fuck ups most weeks.
And this is how it all started. Remember the whinging by sky tv about decisions. Half and full time chats about, ''was it a pen/foul/throw-in'' etc. They introduced refereeing by media and bt quickly followed.
This gave the var advocates ammunition, saying mistakes can cost games, which in turn can lose a team a final or promotion/relegation. And with the big money attached then the game needed a foolproof system to cut out these 'costly mistakes'.
Well it hasn't fucking worked has it. I've seen plenty of var 'mistakes' since its introduction that have cost teams big time.
Football is not a science and cannot be foolproofed.

I agree.

It highlights the inconsistency/Incompetence/corruption* of match officials.

The dippers one was allowed as well which had an even stronger arguement than Ake's being disallowed.

If the inconsistency/Incompetence/corruption* with regards to this rule continues team will get cute with offside/players blocking keepers view and rolling the dice on if the officials give it.

*Choose which is applicable from your viewpoint
Theres another one aswell which escapes me right now. All given. Id tend to side with the train of thought they shouldnt count but at least all those decisions are consistent, which is something i guess.

And this is how it all started. Remember the whinging by sky tv about decisions. Half and full time chats about, ''was it a pen/foul/throw-in'' etc. They introduced refereeing by media and bt quickly followed.
This gave the var advocates ammunition, saying mistakes can cost games, which in turn can lose a team a final or promotion/relegation. And with the big money attached then the game needed a foolproof system to cut out these 'costly mistakes'.
Well it hasn't fucking worked has it. I've seen plenty of var 'mistakes' since its introduction that have cost teams big time.
Football is not a science and cannot be foolproofed.

Superb post.

I see ref watch on Sky Sports is as biased as ever. Our goal shouldn't have stood, but Salah didn't affect the goal of Liverpool.

You can't have it both ways, they are either interfering or not.

I see ref watch on Sky Sports is as biased as ever. Our goal shouldn't have stood, but Salah didn't affect the goal of Liverpool.

It’s all part and parcel of the media manipulation/gaslighting I’m afraid.

Is that seriously what was said. Thats a truly unbelievable take.

For the Liverpool goal, the goalkeeper has to adjust his position to be able to see the ball as Salah is stood right in front of him. Salah forces him out of position (eg, clearly interfering) and as the shot goes into the other corner, the goalie has zero chance to recover

While im in the camp that Akanji is interfering and Ake’s goal should have been ruled out. Akanji doesnt block anyones view and jumps out of the way of the header. Its not in the same league as Salah’s interference.

Why am i not surprised

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.