VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

I admit I have done this but only to phone my brother who's watching the match at home to ask what the hold up is and what are var looking at.
As match going fans we get told fuck all
Of all the downsides to VAR (and we could each come up with our very own list of these) this is the one thing that really does my head in.

On numerous occasions since it's introduction, our group in the Family Stand has learned more about whichever incident is being decided upon by phoning my brother who is watching the game on tv at home in Switzerland..

The communication with us fans in the stadium is appalling, whichever ground you care to mention.

Who would have thought that in time and given a chance, it can improve.

The people who are totally invested in this thing, that HAVE to make it work, produce stats showing that it is working. Wow. Bonuses all around.

At the inception of this, if they told you it would take 5 years to get to a stage where it was still under review, still needed fixing, where we would STILL be getting decisions wrong, and it introduces new problems into the decision making process.. Would you have wanted that?

And 4 out of 5 footy fans want to keep it... That stat right there shows how much bullshit their stats talk.

Follow the rugby structure..
In stadium replays.
Live feed to ref/ VAR /TV
Live transparency.
Quick.
Can't do that because that would show the PiGMOL are an honest organisation.

I would love to hear the conversations as the work culture comes across as very much lads bantz so there's bound to be the odd "Fuck it it's City! Goal"

I'm sure the last propaganda show with Webb the VAR official accused a city player of "milking it" on the conversation?

Of all the downsides to VAR (and we could each come up with our very own list of these) this is the one thing that really does my head in.

On numerous occasions since it's introduction, our group in the Family Stand has learned more about whichever incident is being decided upon by phoning my brother who is watching the game on tv at home in Switzerland..

The communication with us fans in the stadium is appalling, whichever ground you care to mention.

I only have to phone as far as SE Kent lol

The people who are totally invested in this thing, that HAVE to make it work, produce stats showing that it is working. Wow. Bonuses all around.

At the inception of this, if they told you it would take 5 years to get to a stage where it was still under review, still needed fixing, where we would STILL be getting decisions wrong, and it introduces new problems into the decision making process.. Would you have wanted that?

And 4 out of 5 footy fans want to keep it... That stat right there shows how much bullshit their stats talk.

I would have exactly said and did say when it first come into football that it would take many years and slowly adapt each season to get to about this stage - it’s still far from perfect but each years bring opportunities to evaluate and learn and keep improving.

No form of officiating will ever be perfect but VAR has improved the decisions much greatly, and going back to the days of a ref making a blind guess, players diving with zero contact, playing scoring from miles offside are pretty much a thing of the past. Thank god.

I would have exactly said and did say when it first come into football that it would take many years and slowly adapt each season to get to about this stage - it’s still far from perfect but each years bring opportunities to evaluate and learn and keep improving.

No form of officiating will ever be perfect but VAR has improved the decisions much greatly, and going back to the days of a ref making a blind guess, players diving with zero contact, playing scoring from miles offside are pretty much a thing of the past. Thank god.

All the things you mentioned that have improved is fine.
These things only became magnified when Sky bought 50 cameras to each. Than we could all see how bent the games was/is in favour of rags. 90% of van distroy goals were off side.
Now the cheating is done in full view and the press/media just laugh it of

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.