VAR Discussion Thread | 2024/25

Two yellows overturned as Reds today.

They'll be some interesting conversations at Stockley Park on Monday.

I thought VAR decided once the ref had issued a yellow they did fuck all or is that only in games were reffed in?
That was the rule but we know the var rules change with the wind, probaly changed again next week when they decide they dont want as many red cards

Just a thought on the Arse Yellow Card being upgraded to a Red by VAR, which I've just seen;

I'm just wondering if the ref was going to give a Red, but was told to give a Yellow by his magic earpiece so that VAR could be seen to be "doing its job"? It looked pretty much textbook Red Card territory.

We'll never know, because the comm's are shrouded in secrecy, but it just seemed too carefully choreographed for my liking.

Just a thought on the Arse Yellow Card being upgraded to a Red by VAR, which I've just seen;

I'm just wondering if the ref was going to give a Red, but was told to give a Yellow by his magic earpiece so that VAR could be seen to be "doing its job"? It looked pretty much textbook Red Card territory.

We'll never know, because the comm's are shrouded in secrecy, but it just seemed too carefully choreographed for my liking.
Nah, just checking Raya wasn’t going to challenge him and no covering defenders with the deep ball.

Good reffing all around in my book. EXACTLY the way we’d like VAR to work in my “book!”

Same in the Spurs game, too. Well handled by Ref & VAR, and now it’s up to theEPL to give Kudus the extra game ban for the THREE red card offenses:

1) Kicking a man twice while he’s on the ground
2) Hands in the face of Van Der Ven
3) Hands in the face of a second player during the handbags.

Genuinely, why the grievance your title rivals had a player sent off rightly thanks to VAR - it’s a massive decision and ultimately lost them the game and a 3 match ban for one of their best players.
Pre VAR that would never be a sending off - surely have to admit at times it a god send ?
I have no grievance Kudos was sent off for us down to VAR , he deserved a red and the yellow overturned.

Genuinely, why the grievance your title rivals had a player sent off rightly thanks to VAR - it’s a massive decision and ultimately lost them the game and a 3 match ban for one of their best players.
Pre VAR that would never be a sending off - surely have to admit at times it a god send ?
I have no grievance Kudos was sent off for us down to VAR , he deserved a red and the yellow overturned.
Assuming this references the Arsenal game tonight I think Saliba gets a one game ban for denial of an obvious goal scoring opportunity

Here's a question..... If the Bournemouth striker had gone through and scored.... what are the chances the goal would have been disallowed as I thought the striker looked to be offside. If he was offside then surely the red card should not stand, or should it?

Correction just seen the ball that put him through was an Arsenal player backpass, unbelievable.

However, if it had been a Bournemouth ball and the lino never raised his flag (as they don't) could he be sent off?

also just seen the Fraser incident sneakily pulling him back denying vardy a tap in, no chance any ref would have spotted that, clear red.

Thats 3 red cards VAR correctly called this gameweek, all 3 would have been yellows or missed completely - after so many said it has killed the game, i can understand the reluctance to give it praise.

Here's a question..... If the Bournemouth striker had gone through and scored.... what are the chances the goal would have been disallowed as I thought the striker looked to be offside. If he was offside then surely the red card should not stand, or should it?

Correction just seen the ball that put him through was an Arsenal player backpass, unbelievable.

However, if it had been a Bournemouth ball and the lino never raised his flag (as they don't) could he be sent off?

They would have checked the off side first, so there never would have been a red card if he was off side.

Only if it had been for violent conduct would a red card stand after the game is pulled back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.