VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Last night decision was right and a fact he was ofside! We cant have this that its got to be clear and obvious to change, an ofside var decision is a somthing that can be a fact.
The only problem with last night's decisions is that the line drawn was from foot to foot and at an angle. In the case of Redmond he was leaning forward and his body was in front of his feet and therefore could have been an inch offside. Same could be said of the Derby goal that was also given.

i said it before the offside rule needs changing if VAR is going to work, you can not bring in technology with the rule as it stands today, even derby first goal looked offside from the freekick to me but the rule of intent or being active if the ball does not touch anybody know how can VAR judge that ???

i said it before the offside rule needs changing if VAR is going to work, you can not bring in technology with the rule as it stands today, even derby first goal looked offside from the freekick to me but the rule of intent or being active if the ball does not touch anybody know how can VAR judge that ???

Been saying this from the start. Fuck VAR

I thought they did away with 1. Takes more than four steps while controlling the ball with his hands, before releasing it from his possession.

its certainly not penalised and occurs in every game.

I thought they did away with 1. Takes more than four steps while controlling the ball with his hands, before releasing it from his possession.

its certainly not penalised and occurs in every game.
They've basically scrapped that and the 6 second rule on the sly, there's no attempt to enforce them anymore. Forster managed 11 steps in 31 seconds before releasing the ball against us at 1-1 last season.

after a long hard review from the past old rules and lots of thinking about the offside rule we should bring back clear daylight between defender and striker, then VAR will work and be much quicker to view and i think the game will benefit from scoring more goals and that dreaded holding that high line on freekicks

They need cameras on rails that go up and down the line on the opposite side to the linesman that are always up with the play.

The six second rule should be enforced but never seems to be against us. The law is as follows:

An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
• controls the ball with the hands for more than six seconds before releasing it
• touches the ball with the hands after releasing it and before it has touched another player; it has been deliberately kicked to the goalkeeper by a team-mate; receiving it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate
A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save. Holding the ball in the outstretched open hand. Bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air. A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.