VAR (PL introduction 2019)

i agree it will change the experience but fans will adapt - from what i've seen so far, once VAR has decided the outcome there's more celebrations, in some ways you get to experience the europhia of scoring twice in the space of a few minutes.
I wouldn't say there's more celebrations. Just allowance to continue celebrations with some relief after an annoying interruption.

Stop!

Carry on

But linesman were getting offside decisions right around 95% of the time without VAR.
Yeah and most people could get close to that most of the time (as there’s literal day light between a striker a defender). But it’s was always a toss of a coin whether they got them right or wrong on a close call.

Thank you. It's broken my heart but after what happened in the CL against Spurs, and what I read on German and Dutch fans forums the following day, my mind was made up.
What did the Dutch & German fans have to say , I believe the end of var will come from what these fans do , they get organised & i’m Surprised theyve not seen it off over there.

What did the Dutch & German fans have to say , I believe the end of var will come from what these fans do , they get organised & i’m Surprised theyve not seen it off over there.
Unsurprisingly, and given our own experience of it, they regarded it as having destroyed the match-day experience. They want rid of it but now that the TV companies have complete control of the game there is no chance of it going. Mr Murdoch and those nice people at BT will be calling all the shots next year and it's going to be a nightmare.

Unsurprisingly, and given our own experience of it, they regarded it as having destroyed the match-day experience. They want rid of it but now that the TV companies have complete control of the game there is no chance of it going. Mr Murdoch and those nice people at BT will be calling all the shots next year and it's going to be a nightmare.
Makes me go cold the whole thing, fans still have power though but many seem to take the view that it’ll work out in the end, like you I believe they’re stealing matchgoing fans game & packaging it for the neutral tv watching masses round the world . We fight or lose it forever , I was adamant I was packing it in but relented mainly due to my Mrs who knows that football has been my life ....i’ll Give it till Christmas but I think I know what’s coming .

Makes me go cold the whole thing, fans still have power though but many seem to take the view that it’ll work out in the end, like you I believe they’re stealing matchgoing fans game & packaging it for the neutral tv watching masses round the world . We fight or lose it forever , I was adamant I was packing it in but relented mainly due to my Mrs who knows that football has been my life ....i’ll Give it till Christmas but I think I know what’s coming .
Whatever happens with it, and has been noted on here by a lot of posters, that Aguero moment has disappeared from the game and won't reappear unless VAR goes.

Whatever happens with it, and has been noted on here by a lot of posters, that Aguero moment has disappeared from the game and won't reappear unless VAR goes.
Watching VAR in action in the women’s World Cup i’m Already regretting re-newing, it’s changed the game completely , the Americans & maybe Chinese will love it though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.