VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Interesting use of it first half in this Chelsea/Arsenal game - it definitely slows the game down more and I think more added time should be put on - but the plus side is there was a penalty incident against Arsenal, the ref listened to review and deemed no pen. Simple. But a refreshing change.
I’m sure there will be many errors and confusion but this is a good start.

I wonder if "hot spot" would work on fouls (where contact is made). It would be interesting to find out.

As it works by infra red the whole leg, arm, body would just show up the same. Only works when contact with an inanimate object at ambiant temperature produces friction and therefore heat.

As it works by infra red the whole leg, arm, body would just show up the same. Only works when contact with an inanimate object at ambiant temperature produces friction and therefore heat.

That and it’s a contact sport.

Interesting use of it first half in this Chelsea/Arsenal game - it definitely slows the game down more and I think more added time should be put on - but the plus side is there was a penalty incident against Arsenal, the ref listened to review and deemed no pen. Simple. But a refreshing change.
I’m sure there will be many errors and confusion but this is a good start.

I agree there mate, though I am surprised there was only 1 minute added on, unless nothing else happened during the first half to warrant any stoppage time apart from a quick couple of looks at VAR

I’ve always been advocate of VAR, but am less keen on the idea the more I see it in practice. Maybe it will just take a bit of getting used to, but it doesn’t really feel right.

I’ve always been advocate of VAR, but am less keen on the idea the more I see it in practice. Maybe it will just take a bit of getting used to, but it doesn’t really feel right.
I would love to see it work as its gonna be implemented whatever i think of it but it simply does not work in football. Completely ruins the momentum in games.

Think it’s a great idea if correctly used,and incidents don’t get referred back after the passage of play has long gone ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.