VAR (PL introduction 2019)

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by greasedupdeafguy, 21 Aug 2017.

1. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

But, i thought it's not there to correct every incorrect decision. It was being brought in to ensure
    games are not won/turned on a clear officiating error. Currebtly it seems to being called on when not needed
    and not called on, when it looks like it might clear something up. Basically in it's current guise, its a farce
    and I think football is better off without it.

Cheesy, daveiw01 and ballinio like this.
  2. stonerblue

stonerblue

The one where the attacker pulled her leg back to shoot and kicked the defender?

3. stonerblue

stonerblue

Oh that one. Certainly more of a pen than the one i was thinking of but still not stone cold.

4. richardtheref

richardtheref

Lucky we are not responsible for reviewing VAR decisions. We were talking about different incidents.

5. stonerblue

stonerblue

Ha, only slightly less confusion than the real thing.

6. hertsblue

hertsblue

Var for me is only as good as the people operating it. Rileys comments about it does not fill me with confidence. We have the usual cheats in charge of the game, we will have the same cheats reviewing Var and it's a tool for making it easier for them to screw/help certain teams out.
    Sums it up for me is we had 2 clear penalties, one in each leg v Burton, both went to Var, both no penalties. Utd had Smalling ripping of Luiz's shirt at a Corner v Chelsea in the Cup and pulling and holding at every corner, yet you had Alti Taylor on Var so nothing given. Then you had the red card for Utd in the game v Wolves downgraded to yellow after Var. It will be used to benefit certain teams.
    Sure it would stop the 15 or so offside goals Liverpool scored last season, but when you think how much they dive, any contact in slow motion will be a penalty to them.
    Luckily we do not concede many corners as i can see Alti and Co desperate to review any touch by us on opposing players

mat likes this.
  7. gingerprince

gingerprince

Last premier league game of season, all kick off at sametime. Mike Rileys x20 most experienced refs [inc x4th officials]

Who will be the guys/girls making calls in the var teams...when Title/CL & EL/Relegation Places could maybe decided...

And least we forget, should any of those matches suffer the ignominy of a pitchside monitor fault, it will be the VAR official,

giving their own appraisal of the video angle playback, as one of x20 top officials listens to that chit chat in their earpiece..

8. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

Its corrected hundreds already, to focus on one iffy one to discredit it is disingenuous!! Time will tell whos right tho i guess

9. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

I was saying it was a clear pen, you'd have to be simple to think it wasnt

10. Bluearmy

Bluearmy

No clear and obvious on line (goal line/offsides) decisions.