VAR Thread - 2021/22

I, like most find VAR frustrating. The rodri incident I genuinely could understand (hopefully no bias). There wasn't a definitive frame that it didn't touch his sleave, ie no pen. I still believe it has been used to manipulate decisions and consistency is a huge issue. I believe if salah was foden today, its a pen all day. The positive now though is offside goals miles offside aren't given, blatant dives aren't given (just cute dives) and horrific tackles, elbows, etc are red carded (mostly, except mane planting an elbow in someone's face or putting studs into someone's bollocks). For me there are more positives than negatives and I like my corruption like I like my money, where I can see it.

Quickly back to mane though, can anyone name a player since VAR who gets away with more bad tackles, elbows, etc than him? Mctomminay maybe? He's gonna end up ending a career, maybe even paralyse someone before his careers over.

While id agree with you it should have been given. The original decision was no pen and offside was given for the Mahrez goal. So without VAR we lose out on both decisions. With VAR we get one of them.

What would you prefer, none??
I'm not arguing against VAR being a thing

Just that Mike Riley has set a precedent over mistakes so I await our apology.

I'm not arguing against VAR being a thing

Just that Mike Riley has set a precedent over mistakes so I await our apology.
Its not perfect obviously. But were much better off with it than without it.

the refs/linesmen are told do not flag for offside unless you are 100000000% sure its offside. Just look at that Mahrez decision. Its tight. Looked offside if im honest. The linesman despite the directive cant wait to give it offside. It would be very different if it was a rag/bin dipper, the flag would never go up for them in that situation….

we cannot judge VAR decisions against what the Rags or Bin dippers would get. We’ll lose everytime. We need to judge it against what decisions WE would get or not before it came in. And we are miles better off with it than without it. Mahrez being the latest example

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.