VAR Thread - 2021/22

You asked 'If the VAR Agenda stuff had died down'
How can it when a person has a title but nobody has a clue who he/she is, what their remit is, what training they have had and most importantly why are they allowed to over rule an elite referee.
Until the entire set up is open to scrutiny there will always be an 'agenda' belief with fans.
The VAR officials are all proper referees, Michael Oliver who reffed our game yesterday has been the VAR official loads. Essentially referees are sometimes 4th official or VAR but it’s the same group: Dean, Attewell, Friend, Tierney, Oliver etc. they are the VAR officials you’re saying are unknown, they’re not.

The problem isn’t the technology, it’s those using it and that list above aren’t good enough.

We’ve got away with our fair share this season but also been the victims of poor decisions too.

Sometimes officials are totally blindsided when a player goes down in the box. Other players blocking their view and an incident can happen in a split second and because they couldn’t see the foul or handball, they can’t give it. How is that fair on the team that should be awarded the decision?
What is wrong with helping officials to get the correct decision
Eh ? I knew you wouldn't have a clue what I was on about.
I'm talking about when a Match Commander over ruled the VAR official when he wanted to award us a penalty.
No one knows who this bloke is or what, if any, are his qualifications. How many other times has this commander interfered in matches.
If they want fans to accept VAR they have to be open and honest. Their not....... the question is why not.

The VAR officials are all proper referees, Michael Oliver who reffed our game yesterday has been the VAR official loads. Essentially referees are sometimes 4th official or VAR but it’s the same group: Dean, Attewell, Friend, Tierney, Oliver etc. they are the VAR officials you’re saying are unknown, they’re not.

The problem isn’t the technology, it’s those using it and that list above aren’t good enough.

We’ve got away with our fair share this season but also been the victims of poor decisions too.
I'm talking about the Match Commander. He has the final say on a decision, he can over rule the VAR referee as we know to our cost.

it's been evidenced from the Southampton home game I believe that the match commander stepped in on the VAR decision so we didn't get a blatant penalty.
What evidence?

Do you really think, for instance, Kevin Friend is going to take instructions from someone appointed by the home club to change a decision. The officials appointed by the PL for each match are the ref, 2 assistants, 4th official & 2 VAR officials. I believe the Match Commander at Southampton include Le Tiss, Francis Benali & Mark Wright. Their job is purely to ensure everything is in order for the officials on a matchday.

What evidence?

Do you really think, for instance, Kevin Friend is going to take instructions from someone appointed by the home club to change a decision. The officials appointed by the PL for each match are the ref, 2 assistants, 4th official & 2 VAR officials. I believe the Match Commander at Southampton include Le Tiss, Francis Benali & Mark Wright. Their job is purely to ensure everything is in order for the officials on a matchday.
no, the VAR match commander.

1646685968822.png

no, the VAR match commander.

View attachment 38080
Aah.....it was in the Sun so it must be true. You will notice from the article that Mark Halsey only suspects this to be true. I believe he went on Radio 5live a few days after to say he was incorrect in his assumption. There is no VAR match commander. Honestly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.