VAR Thread - 2021/22

Desperate stuff , without VAR - Mahrez would have been denied a perfectly good goal.

had the handball incident last week been against City (which it has done in the past) we would have had 20+ pages about how corrupt VAR is etc.

Let’s be honest. It’s been bought in to help refs, not to be biased against Man City and to benefit United and Liverpool.

It’s far from perfect, it gets stuff wrong and for some it takes away the enjoyment of the game, for others like me it’s a benefit for the sport. I don’t want perfectly good goals ruled out, miles offside goals given and no contact penalty’s given.

Ps: amazing performance today, one of the most dominating one sides matches I’ve ever seen. Absolutely superb.
Out of interest Blue Hammer, why did you delete a post from this thread about VAR helping the Carabao Cup final result be correct just after the Lukaku goal was ruled out?

Out of interest Blue Hammer, why did you delete a post from this thread about VAR helping the Carabao Cup final result be correct just after the Lukaku goal was ruled out?

Not sure I did delete any post ? Perhaps ask a Mod if I did

From that final I mentioned Matip goal ruled out thanks to VAR as it would have stood otherwise.

Until we understand the margin of error for the tight offside goals I’m not sure any of them are “right”. We are told these are black and white line calls but they patently aren’t and with nothing to help understand the margin of error (beyond “we are making the lines a bit thicker”) it’s all just pretend. The Lukaku and Mane ones look identical and Mahrez looked just off to me. But, who knows?

This season has highlighted perfectly why it’s not actually corrupt against us. If it was they’d have given Arsenal that pen or Everton that handball… if it was in favour of us then Stuart Armstrong would have been sent off for nearly cutting Laporte’s thigh in two.

The referees on the pitch and at Stockley Park are just not up to it but this season everyone has had them for or against. Even the fucking Rags have had a couple of 50/50 ones go against them at Burnley for example.
Where do you draw the line? A plainly incompetent system is primed for corrupt decisions to be woven in so you can't distinguish between them.

The system is operated with such subjectivity and ambiguity it's primed to fail.

Whatever your view, it means you can't trust it heading into any of our games which defeats the purpose of it entirely.

My Forest work mate, always said VAR is a load of sh*t

... now fuming there was no VAR in the FA Cup as should have had a clear onside goal given and a penalty

Last edited:
VAR is only used in certain circumstances, and only if allowed by the referee. VAR officials can bring to attention of the referee instances they believe he has missed, but it is still up to the referee to allow.
To me the biggest miscarriage of justice is when a foul has been committed in the penalty area but the referee chooses to ignore it, and therefore can not be held to account.
Good examples of this are when attackers are held, quite often with two arms around them when the ball is fired into the box from a dead ball situation.
l would change the rules to allow the manager of each team a small number of challenges per game, as in Tennis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.