VAR Thread - 2021/22

VAR is only used in certain circumstances, and only if allowed by the referee. VAR officials can bring to attention of the referee instances they believe he has missed, but it is still up to the referee to allow.
To me the biggest miscarriage of justice is when a foul has been committed in the penalty area but the referee chooses to ignore it, and therefore can not be held to account.
Good examples of this are when attackers are held, quite often with two arms around them when the ball is fired into the box from a dead ball situation.
l would change the rules to allow the manager of each team a small number of challenges per game, as in Tennis.

we have a VAR thread so this should be moved accordingly. I like your rule proposal but what if a Manager is allowed 3 challenges and hasn't used them with 5 mins to go - you would have some using it purely to time waste, want to challenge a throw in decision etc, could get messy

2nd game in a row we have had a blatant penalty denied and Var not telling the ref to review. Strange how there is no media coverage on these 2 incidents compared to the Everton one

Another bad day for VAR at the Chelsea vs Newcastle game.
Clear penalty for Newcastle not given.
When will they get rid off this stupid clear and obvious error rule and just let the VAR official decide?
Shocking decision, it was a clear pen and yet var say not !!

VAR is only used in certain circumstances, and only if allowed by the referee. VAR officials can bring to attention of the referee instances they believe he has missed, but it is still up to the referee to allow.
To me the biggest miscarriage of justice is when a foul has been committed in the penalty area but the referee chooses to ignore it, and therefore can not be held to account.
Good examples of this are when attackers are held, quite often with two arms around them when the ball is fired into the box from a dead ball situation.
l would change the rules to allow the manager of each team a small number of challenges per game, as in Tennis.
I've often wondered how VAR officials know if the ref' has ignored it or actually not seen it. Do the VAR officials ask the ref' "Did you see that?". If he did ignore it but VAR are certian it's a definite foul, then surey they should intervene.
In the England v Ireland RU yesterday. The Video ref' spotted a head clash and alerted the ref', they then had a discussion on the appropriate penatly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.