VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only need to hear when VAR is engaged.

But nobody knows in advance when the VAR is going to get involved. So to hear everything he says live, you are going to have to have all the onfield communication broadcast for the whole game.

Unless you’re one of these people who thinks Gary Neville has a hotline to the VAR room, or they’re discussing the best way to stitch up City, it really would be pretty insignificant. Last nights conversations would have gone something like…. Possible handball in the build up to that goal, you may want to take a look? Ok I will thanks.

But nobody knows in advance when the VAR is going to get involved. So to hear everything he says live, you are going to have to have all the onfield communication broadcast for the whole game.

Unless you’re one of these people who thinks Gary Neville has a hotline to the VAR room, or they’re discussing the best way to stitch up City, it really would be pretty insignificant. Last nights conversations would have gone something like…. Possible handball in the build up to that goal, you may want to take a look? Ok I will thanks.
Are you sure?

IIRC, VAR can only get involved for certain things such as goals, reckless tackles, penalties, off sides etc. so no need to listen to whole game commentary

There is no coinsistency and never can be. One mans foul is always another mans red card offence. Its judgement, the ref should "judge", the VAR team should point him to the monitor every time so he can pass judgement.

Do away with the bollocks of "arms away from body", "It was too close to him". All of that is subjective, it takes one person to go and look and pass HIS judgement because they're all different types of handballs, we all know generally when its handball yet the rules can fuck up that very decisions.

This is how it will end up and ffs I wish they'd hurry up.

but thats when the convo starts. IE VAR signals the ref, and then they have the convo aabout the incident with the mics open. I dont see a problem there, it works in ruggers

Are you sure?

IIRC, VAR can only get involved for certain things such as goals, reckless tackles, penalties, off sides etc. so no need to listen to whole game commentary

Did you know ( or guess ) he was advising the referee to have a look at the handball for the penalty before the referee suddenly stopped the game?

If this is given as a pen then var is fucked napoli v ajax

It's been given handball law is fucked
Unbelievable. The pricks are totally ruining the game. As an ex player I'm telling you there is knowing the rules then there is knowing the game. They are two completely different things. And that is why VAR is utterly ruining football at the moment. They are going to have to sort it. It's surely time for two one appeal per team per gam - and if you are successful then you keep your appeal. Oh fuck it's got me started again.

How does it work in cricket? We only hear from the third umpire during reviews. Could that not be applied to the coverage?

Unbelievable. The pricks are totally ruining the game. As an ex player I'm telling you there is knowing the rules then there is knowing the game. They are two completely different things. And that is why VAR is utterly ruining football at the moment. They are going to have to sort it. It's surely time for two one appeal per team per gam - and if you are successful then you keep your appeal. Oh fuck it's got me started again.
Just common sense, the defender was a yard away from a volley I think most football fans know a penalty/ handball when they see one that's 3 handball decisions I've seen that are no way infringements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.