VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. The pricks are totally ruining the game. As an ex player I'm telling you there is knowing the rules then there is knowing the game. They are two completely different things. And that is why VAR is utterly ruining football at the moment. They are going to have to sort it. It's surely time for two one appeal per team per gam - and if you are successful then you keep your appeal. Oh fuck it's got me started again.
Referee’s have never known the game… its the new interpretation of the law thats the issue. The fact we have got to this, highlights how clueless the people making the laws are

Last edited:
The difference between rugby league ( I don’t know about Union ) is the game and the clock is always stopped and the referee asks for the video ref’s input. The video ref knows he is being heard and he carefully explains his thought process. In football the VAR can chirp up in the referees ear whenever he likes. Along with the two linesman and the fourth official. The four of them will be chatting away to each other constantly the whole game. I really don’t think it would be the enlightening experience some people are anticipating.

Anyway, you are likely to shortly ( kind of ) get your wish and we can all see for ourselves. Howard Webb is currently overseeing a trial in America where the conversation involving the VAR is being released after the games have finished. When he returns to England it’s expected he will use his findings and trial something similar here.

The difference between rugby league ( I don’t know about Union ) is the game and the clock is always stopped and the referee asks for the video ref’s input. The video ref knows he is being heard and he carefully explains his thought process. In football the VAR can chirp up in the referees ear whenever he likes. Along with the two linesman and the fourth official. The four of them will be chatting away to each other constantly the whole game. I really don’t think it would be the enlightening experience some people are anticipating.

Anyway, you are likely to shortly ( kind of ) get your wish and we can all see for ourselves. Howard Webb is currently overseeing a trial in America where the conversation involving the VAR is being released after the games have finished. When he returns to England it’s expected he will use his findings and trial something similar here.
I think this will not add one jot to the fans' experience. I would want to know what they are jabbering about, what the issue or problem is, and why they are stopping the game, disallowing a goal at the time. They have buggered up the handball law to such an extent, and modified it during the season when it's clear their primary pre-season addition/clarification of the handball law just isn't working and simply adds to the fog surrounding it!

Also, (for example) what if fans are outraged over a handball given in the box

and we get to hear the officials - ref' I think the ball hit him on the hands, pretty sure it's intentional what do you think?'' VAR team ''we think so too''

thats it? how will that satisfy anyone that feels it's the wrong decision?
I don't normally waste my time replying to your posts, this one shows why. You have deliberately made a stupid conversation up to support your point. Do you think the referee initiates the conversation ? Second are you saying he is using var to referee the game (I think, not I saw) if you do, you have just ruined your own argument. Var is not there to assist in the way you imply.
The point of being able to hear them is...
Var: 'in the build up mahrez handles the ball, please view the screen to see if you agree and do you believe it was intentional'
At least the fans in the ground, the important ones, know why a great goal is being ruled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.