VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally waste my time replying to your posts, this one shows why. You have deliberately made a stupid conversation up to support your point. Do you think the referee initiates the conversation ? Second are you saying he is using var to referee the game (I think, not I saw) if you do, you have just ruined your own argument. Var is not there to assist in the way you imply.
The point of being able to hear them is...
Var: 'in the build up mahrez handles the ball, please view the screen to see if you agree and do you believe it was intentional'
At least the fans in the ground, the important ones, know why a great goal is being ruled out.

For me, I’d support VAR interfering and assisting the referee if he has missed something blatant - if a player has punched another player in the face and the officials on the pitch have missed that - why should the player remain on the pitch ? I’d want someone immediately to inform the ref.

Secondly, I’d welcome a referee who isn’t sure on a decision to ask the VAR team or go check on the screen

I don’t see why the above is a extreme position to take

The problems is there is so many gray areas in football, what some fans deem as blatant others don’t and officials have a knack of simply getting it wrong even with the benefit of a monitor - it’s infuriating but I’m not sure what the answer is apart from continually find ways to improve the system and the transparency- I believe everyone in the game wants the same

Also, (for example) what if fans are outraged over a handball given in the box

and we get to hear the officials - ref' I think the ball hit him on the hands, pretty sure it's intentional what do you think?'' VAR team ''we think so too''

thats it? how will that satisfy anyone that feels it's the wrong decision?
Can’t believe you are against transparency.

For me, I’d support VAR interfering and assisting the referee if he has missed something blatant - if a player has punched another player in the face and the officials on the pitch have missed that - why should the player remain on the pitch ? I’d want someone immediately to inform the ref.

Secondly, I’d welcome a referee who isn’t sure on a decision to ask the VAR team or go check on the screen

I don’t see why the above is a extreme position to take

The problems is there is so many gray areas in football, what some fans deem as blatant others don’t and officials have a knack of simply getting it wrong even with the benefit of a monitor - it’s infuriating but I’m not sure what the answer is apart from continually find ways to improve the system and the transparency- I believe everyone in the game wants the same
You either don’t know how to spell “grey” or you’re American. In which case, I can understand why you know fuck all about football.

I think it was the red card visit to the monitor that he looked for ages , turned away and went to walk off but half turned back , he wasnt sure, god knows what was being said to him in his ear

I’m only guessing obviously but I suspect that last little look back was just to confirm it was outside the box and not a penalty. Probably concentrating on making sure it was a red card initially and then as he went to walk away and give it, maybe thought to himself…oh hang on, it was outside wasn’t it?

It does seem that handballs on the continent are given for most touches of the ball on the arm, whether accidental or not.

There seems to be less tolerance than in the PL.

Reading the laws, you can strongly argue that both handballs last night weren’t fouls and probably wouldn’t have been in the PL.

The only good thing I can say about the ref is that he was consistent. He was crap at interpreting the laws though. That isn’t VAR’s fault though.
@Alan Harper's Tash that sums it up. Tuesday was an idiot in front of a monitor instructing the referee about what to do. The issue was he was not following Uefas rule re deliberate handball, I could laugh as at least he was consistently wrong for both teams.

You either don’t know how to spell “grey” or you’re American. In which case, I can understand why you know fuck all about football.

Either way is fine , gray is used slightly more in America. But yeh, definitely can see how you can equate that to knowing fuck all about football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.