VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I’d support VAR interfering and assisting the referee if he has missed something blatant - if a player has punched another player in the face and the officials on the pitch have missed that - why should the player remain on the pitch ? I’d want someone immediately to inform the ref.

Secondly, I’d welcome a referee who isn’t sure on a decision to ask the VAR team or go check on the screen

I don’t see why the above is a extreme position to take

The problems is there is so many gray areas in football, what some fans deem as blatant others don’t and officials have a knack of simply getting it wrong even with the benefit of a monitor - it’s infuriating but I’m not sure what the answer is apart from continually find ways to improve the system and the transparency- I believe everyone in the game wants the same
No one is talking about a punch in the face ! Of course Var should intervene then. You said the referee initiated the conversation 'I THINK that was handball what do you think'.
Var is not there to referee the game in that way.
It is now on record that the referee was
wrong on 3 major decisions and yet under the rules, in 2 of those decisions he was correct.
Var, the person you defend so much was wrong. He was a clueless idiot who ruined a game fans had travelled hundreds of miles to watch.
I will say it again, the video assistant referee is clearly shown to be wrong in 2 out of the 3 decisions he made.
So what's the point.

Which is penalised by an indirect free kick. A handball offence by a defender in the penalty area results in a penalty against the offending player. A back pass picked up by the goalkeeper is not a handball offence.

I think the guy who first brought it up just misinterpreted what it said. It was just reinforcing that a goalkeeper can’t be penalised for handball in his own area.

I think the guy who first brought it up just misinterpreted what it said. It was just reinforcing that a goalkeeper can’t be penalised for handball in his own area.
Ok. My second apology of the day for misunderstanding a reply. I've hastily deleted my response.

No one is talking about a punch in the face ! Of course Var should intervene then. .

Ok so your in favour of VAR then ? Or still want it completely scrapped ?

And yes it’s obvious VAR should intervene for a blatant assault - but should it intervene for a blatant dive in the box that has conned the ref ? Should it intervene for a blatant offside ? … if you’re in the yes camp then you’re the same as me - I just want a VAR team in place to assist the ref in decisions he has missed. If only it was just that simple and they got it right 100% of the time.

Ok so your in favour of VAR then ? Or still want it completely scrapped ?

And yes it’s obvious VAR should intervene for a blatant assault - but should it intervene for a blatant dive in the box that has conned the ref ? Should it intervene for a blatant offside ? … if you’re in the yes camp then you’re the same as me - I just want a VAR team in place to assist the ref in decisions he has missed. If only it was just that simple and they got it right 100% of the time.
As usual you just twist everything and anything. It isn't worth engaging with you, I don't know why I did.

VAR is like the EU. Most people see the value of having a camera to clarify what the ref has or hasn't seen, and confirming that a goal has been legally scored, but in it's present iteration, where its operation since it reared its ugly head has resulted in changes in the LotG, and delivered the shit show that is now covered with handball. They are both in need of reform. Perhaps it might be useful to merge the VAR thread and the EU thread! But I have more faith in the apparatchiks in Brussels coming up with a much better model than the whistling wankers at PiGMOL, the PL and the FA have of giving the fans a comprehensive version of what they are doing and what VAR is up to!

As usual you just twist everything and anything. It isn't worth engaging with you, I don't know why I did.

Nope, was just asking a straight question out of interest

Do you support VAR to intervene on off the ball incidents like the example I gave in which officials may miss or would you scrap it completely?

VAR is like the EU. Most people see the value of having a camera to clarify what the ref has or hasn't seen, and confirming that a goal has been legally scored, but in it's present iteration, where its operation since it reared its ugly head has resulted in changes in the LotG, and delivered the shit show that is now covered with handball. They are both in need of reform. Perhaps it might be useful to merge the VAR thread and the EU thread! But I have more faith in the apparatchiks in Brussels coming up with a much better model than the whistling wankers at PiGMOL, the PL and the FA have of giving the fans a comprehensive version of what they are doing and what VAR is up to!

Varxit means Varxit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.