VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are here repeating for the hundreth time we shouldnt be upset with the system when you never watch our games to see what we are upset about , pure trolling

Not at all, just giving my opinion on why i'd keep VAR and not bin it completly

I want it to be improved like everyone else and happy to hear ways it can be, It's far from perfect and it's a shambles at times - like City decisions other night and a couple to West Ham this season

If that's trolling in your view then so be it but maybe a Mod can decide on that rather than a poster who continually derails threads, is abusive and is always having spats with other posters on loads of different topics.

Not at all, just giving my opinion on why i'd keep VAR and not bin it completly

I want it to be improved like everyone else and happy to hear ways it can be, It's far from perfect and it's a shambles at times - like City decisions other night and a couple to West Ham this season

If that's trolling in your view then so be it but maybe a Mod can decide on that rather than a poster who continually derails threads, is abusive and is always having spats with other posters on loads of different topics.
Prove that last bit, albeit you are derailing this thread...

Try watching some games before you tell us what to be upset about

Last edited:
I feel like Var should have a statute of limitations. So if a goal is scored, only 3/4 seconds before is looked at. So directly affecting the goal. Like Mahrez handball vs Kobenhavn or the other week vs Rags where they went about 20 seconds back to see if the ball was out of play is stupid.

And even then, it should be like the Video Ref in Egg chasing. Where the ref decides to look at the goal or not. I prefer this way.

I feel like Var should have a statute of limitations. So if a goal is scored, only 3/4 seconds before is looked at. So directly affecting the goal. Like Mahrez handball vs Kobenhavn or the other week vs Rags where they went about 20 seconds back to see if the ball was out of play is stupid.

And even then, it should be like the Video Ref in Egg chasing. Where the ref decides to look at the goal or not. I prefer this way.
The issue with that is if there’s a blatant offside etc. missed 5-6 seconds before the goal was scored.

The biggest issues we have are the subjective decisions and how the laws are interpreted.

They need simplifying and all refs need to go on a course to maximise uniformity of decisions.

There was a one a couple if weeks ago. The winger was offside, but the lino didnt flag. He crossed the ball and a defender headed it out for corner. If the attacking team had scored it would have been reviewed and disallowed. But what would the outcome be if they scored from the corner?

The difference between rugby league ( I don’t know about Union ) is the game and the clock is always stopped and the referee asks for the video ref’s input. The video ref knows he is being heard and he carefully explains his thought process. In football the VAR can chirp up in the referees ear whenever he likes. Along with the two linesman and the fourth official. The four of them will be chatting away to each other constantly the whole game. I really don’t think it would be the enlightening experience some people are anticipating.

Anyway, you are likely to shortly ( kind of ) get your wish and we can all see for ourselves. Howard Webb is currently overseeing a trial in America where the conversation involving the VAR is being released after the games have finished. When he returns to England it’s expected he will use his findings and trial something similar here.
I don’t want to hear once the games finished, again it’s easy to manipulate the audio. What’s the issue with them letting us hear it in real time? Seriously what can they possibly be trying to hide being said, there should be nothing surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.