VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a one a couple if weeks ago. The winger was offside, but the lino didnt flag. He crossed the ball and a defender headed it out for corner. If the attacking team had scored it would have been reviewed and disallowed. But what would the outcome be if they scored from the corner?
You Are The Ref!

You really want to listen to a five way constant conversation between the officials while you’re watching a game?
No who the fuck said that? And also what makes you think there’s ‘constant’ conversation? If there was they’d get all the corners and throw ins correct as they’d wait a second before giving them so I’m not having it that they are.

I want to listen to the conversation when he’s told to go to the monitor and what’s said during his/her viewing of the monitor.
I also would like them to stop showing everything at slowmo as it distorts a lot of what actually happens.

There was a one a couple if weeks ago. The winger was offside, but the lino didnt flag. He crossed the ball and a defender headed it out for corner. If the attacking team had scored it would have been reviewed and disallowed. But what would the outcome be if they scored from the corner?
IFAB are currently working on that one. Just as soon as someone has a coin they are gonna toss up - heads it's a goal, and tails it isn't.

You really want to listen to a five way constant conversation between the officials while you’re watching a game?
One yappin' and four listening. I want to hear what the bastards are discussing, and how it fits in with what I've just seen, and what, hopefully has just played on the big screen.

No who the fuck said that? And also what makes you think there’s ‘constant’ conversation? If there was they’d get all the corners and throw ins correct as they’d wait a second before giving them so I’m not having it that they are.

I want to listen to the conversation when he’s told to go to the monitor and what’s said during his/her viewing of the monitor.
I also would like them to stop showing everything at slowmo as it distorts a lot of what actually happens.

Plenty of people have said they want everything that the VAR contributes to be broadcast live. The only way to do that would be to have the audio between the officials broadcast for the whole game, as nobody knows when he is going to have some input

No sure what the correlation between the officials communicating and never getting a decision wrong is? The referee and linesman used to communicate a lot using soft signals. For a throw in for example, as the ball is heading out of play and it’s not clear who who touched it last, the linesman would put his flag in the hand of the way he was intending flagging but keep it down by his side. If the referee disagreed he would indicate the other way with a low discreet signal the other way. The linesman would then go with the referee when the ball went out of play. You don’t see that much now when they are in verbal communication. That process will be discussed rather than with signals. You only have to look at the officials during a game to see they are constantly communicating. You can literally see them talking before pretty much all decisions are made that the linesman might be involved in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.