VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the good of the kick it out campaign (Report Racism In Football) it's got to be published if he did or did not make a Racist remark, we all seen other players from both teams act like it was a Racist remark and the referee reported the 4th officials to note the incident

so if this is being hushed up by the media and the Premier League because it's a Liverpool and England player
then it's a sad day for all involved with the kick it out campaign for letting this happen if true

I don’t want to hear once the games finished, again it’s easy to manipulate the audio. What’s the issue with them letting us hear it in real time? Seriously what can they possibly be trying to hide being said, there should be nothing surely.

You really want to listen to a five way constant conversation between the officials while you’re watching a game?

You really want to listen to a five way constant conversation between the officials while you’re watching a game?
Play will have stopped. We can all hear what they are talking about. Would save that doubt it's being manipulated if we could hear real time what's being said. For all we know at the moment is something happens and the match commander says "Fuck it. It's City. No penalty" and that has happened if you believe Mark Halsey.

For the good of the kick it out campaign (Report Racism In Football) it's got to be published if he did or did not make a Racist remark, we all seen other players from both teams act like it was a Racist remark and the referee reported the 4th officials to note the incident

so if this is being hushed up by the media and the Premier League because it's a Liverpool and England player
then it's a sad day for all involved with the kick it out campaign for letting this happen if true
I didn't see from the other player's reactions that it was a racist comment. That's just nonsense. It will be interesting to see what they believe has been said.

Soooooooo the referee on the pitch saw nothing wrong in the build up to Rodri's goal. The referee in the Var cupboard did.

The handball rules were last changed in 2021. Uefa stated that if a person accidentally commits handball and then scores, it should be ruled out. If however there is an accidental handball by another player in the build up, the goal should stand.
No one, apart from the Var official, would ever say the Mahrez (very slight) touch was deliberate.
This shows why Var is wrong in every shape and form. The Var official was wrong but also able to persuade (force) the on field referee to also make a huge mistake. Var was meant to eliminate errors but when you have officials who are simply not good enough, but have huge power to influence the game, the errors will simply continue.
Those that defend Var often quote the Milner 2 yards offside farce as a reason why it should stay. That one absolutely farcical mistake should not mean football fans have to accept regular stupid decisions, week in, week out.
Great post

Play will have stopped. We can all hear what they are talking about. Would save that doubt it's being manipulated if we could hear real time what's being said. For all we know at the moment is something happens and the match commander says "Fuck it. It's City. No penalty" and that has happened if you believe Mark Halsey.

How will you hear it in the stadium ?

Not sure i should waste my time responding to you but here i go - Nope, I didn't see it - only responded to being tagged in, fully accept VAR and the officials made another shambles of it, no surprise and it will be far from the last time and it's happened a good few times this season for and against West Ham

All I argue is I believe Refs should have some form of tech help to have a second look if he is unsure or has missed something blatant - that is all. hardly a crime to want that is it? equally it's fine for anyone to dislike VAR, There's many aspects of it i don't like

Implementing it isn't so easy, as we're seeing.

we could completely scrap it and go back to how it was, yet the first blatant no contact dive by Salah against City or a player a foot or two well offside against you and it will be pages and pages of corruption and outrage, so I firmly believe going back to square 1 isn't the way to go

Ideally the discussion on here should just be questioning and working on progress in getting decisions better - rather than emotional outrage and abuse being hurled about - but for many, where's the fun in that.
Fucking Salah again..
Mate it's shit. Even what you say you want from var isn't happening.
Stopping a free flowing game, something we were assured wouldn't happen, two minutes after a goal because a hand brushed the ball several touches by different players before a 20yard screamer goes in does not make anything any better anywhere.
Sometimes things happen in football that are shit, and trying to eradicate that from the game, and life, is futile.
Fucking the game with var in an effort to placate people who can't handle a set back or defeat is a nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.