VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabinho's hand /arm was in a natural position when he was falling, ie trying to brak his fall, Dias's hand/arm was in a natural position when he was jumping, trying to get height. You can't get height with your arms down by your side.
It doesn’t matter. If the hand is raised, it’s deemed unnatural and a penalty will be given.

every time.

You can state what you like. You interpret it in your own way, but that isn’t how referees have interpreted it for 2 years and continue not to.

If a defender’s hand is raised and the ball hits it without prior deflection, it will be given as a penalty.

That's not the rules though

I just don’t see the point of howling at the moon about VAR.

It’s not going anywhere and makes sure more correct decisions are made than without it.

It’s not 100%, but any advance is better than none, surely?
In my opinion it is not fit for purpose. It has helped make the handball rule totally confusing, it is total guess work with offsides, it is unaccountable to anyone.
Red card offences seem total guess work, Harry Kane last season v dippers being a standout one.
In my opinion VAR as a tool is good but it is totally misused by the muppets.
You say it is not 100%, so how accurate, percentage wise do you believe it is ?

In my opinion it is not fit for purpose. It has helped make the handball rule totally confusing, it is total guess work with offsides, it is unaccountable to anyone.
Red card offences seem total guess work, Harry Kane last season v dippers being a standout one.
In my opinion VAR as a tool is good but it is totally misused by the muppets.
You say it is not 100%, so how accurate, percentage wise do you believe it is ?
Fair enough, I disagree. Handball is straight forward to me now.

Red cards won’t be guess work. The match officials know the laws of our game and apply the, to the best of their ability, both on the field and in Stockley Park. They will never get 100% of calls right as some are subjective.

I’ve no idea what percentage it is accurate, but it is closer to being 100% accurate than with referees on their own. Therefore it is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.