VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, I disagree. Handball is straight forward to me now.

Red cards won’t be guess work. The match officials know the laws of our game and apply the, to the best of their ability, both on the field and in Stockley Park. They will never get 100% of calls right as some are subjective.

I’ve no idea what percentage it is accurate, but it is closer to being 100% accurate than with referees on their own. Therefore it is worth it.

Someone with sense. Thank the Lord!

Someone with sense. Thank the Lord!
Sadly, moaning about refs and VAR is part of the football experience these days.

From the moment the referee for the next match is announced, the moaning begins up until a few days after the game, whatever the result.

It‘s a self fulfilling prophecy. They were always going to be crap and here are the reasons we were right all along.

Sadly, moaning about refs and VAR is part of the football experience these days.

From the moment the referee for the next match is announced, the moaning begins up until a few days after the game, whatever the result.

It‘s a self fulfilling prophecy. They were always going to be crap and here are the reasons we were right all along.

Yep, so many have stated that VAR has ‘killed the game’ ‘ruined it forever’ … yet, here we are, record amount of attendances, record amount of TV viewers and witnessing pure joy in the young at the recent Euros and also having to sit 90 mins opposite City fans loving life on Sunday.

VAR has not killed the game at all - and I think that’s a disappointment for a few on here desperate for controversy every week

You can disagree all you want, but the laws of the game are implemented in that way and will continue to be unless you decide to take them to court.
I'm not disagreeing or arguing I'm saying the ref and var got it wrong on this instance.
Check out
and the IFAB examples they've put up

in particular this image

1660153283897.png

which is the exact same situation as Dias' scenario ie fast glacing header that hit the defenders hand without any time to react. The IFAB say this isn't handball so case closed for me.

I'm not disagreeing or arguing I'm saying the ref and var got it wrong on this instance.
Check out
and the IFAB examples they've put up

in particular this image

View attachment 52277

which is the exact same situation as Dias' scenario ie fast glacing header that hit the defenders hand without any time to react. The IFAB say this isn't handball so case closed for me.
With all due respect, I was talking about the Premier League.

I can’t comment much on a blurred still from another jurisdiction.

What they will say though is that it’s hit his hand outside of a natural silhouette and therefore a penalty will be given, in all likelihood.

As long as handball decisions are consistent, the ruling minutiae doesn’t matter to me.

Probably loads more but it’s easier to constantly pick holes and be outraged by a handful of decisions then it is to be balanced and in favour of VAR
I’m not even that much in favour of it. I’d bin it if I could, but on the premise that if it were, nobody could woman about poor decisions as we’ve decided not to check them.

Alas, we are stuck with the system, so all I want is fairness in decisions, as much as is possible.

As I said before though, the truth doesn’t matter these days. If you can spin the rhetoric in any way to make your team look wronged, fans do it.

Last edited:
I’m not even that much in favour of it. I’d bin it if I could, but on the premise that if it were, nobody could woman about poor decisions as we’ve decided not to check them.

Alas, we are stuck with the system, so all I want is fairness in decisions, as much as is possible.

As I said before though, they truth doesn’t matter these days. If you can spin the rhetoric in any way to make your team look wronged, fans do it.

I’ve always stated I’d scrap VAR and go back to how it was if everyone could be happy with refs and Lino’s making the odd completely blind decision, guessing, players blatantly diving, goals scored even though they was well offside, off the ball horrendous tackles not seen etc

But I’ve a feeling would probably be more outrage now we know we could have technology assistance

I’ve always stated I’d scrap VAR and go back to how it was if everyone could be happy with refs and Lino’s making the odd completely blind decision, guessing, players blatantly diving, goals scored even though they was well offside, off the ball horrendous tackles not seen etc

But I’ve a feeling would probably be more outrage now we know we could have technology assistance
There’s STILL all that with your VAR!! Just watch the McTominay Tackle, Maguire push on Trossard, the new guys penalty push and the handball for the goal. Literally all in one fucking game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.