VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Leicester city 'won the league ' one of their first away games was at your own teams ground.Kasper Schmeical ran off his line and pole-axed an attacking WHU forward to the ground .a Nailed on pen to the Hammers. The ref inexplicably decided to neither award a spot kick nor red card our former keeper.

You probably don't recall this incident. too busy on our forum chatting shit. This was the 1st of many to many ( Genesis) decisions which helped the Thailand boys romp home to the title by a whopping ten point margin..

This was well before Var...

Some of us,with eyes to see knew it was a corrupt pile of shit then.
Var,merely ramped it up a little bit.
Imo.

Haha, what an awful example to justify not having VAR - A nailed on penalty that we didn’t get pre VAR. nice one, gave me a chuckle

Anthony Taylor, the most experienced referee in the PL forced to back down by his Master for the day. VAR.
Compare and contrast Newcastle’s Wilson clearly brought down inside the Rags area but ref didn’t give it. What could be more clear and obvious than a blatant trip in the area - but VAR say play on.
So why is that not clear and obvious but the City one is even with 2 passes and a tangle with the goalie and all the Dippers complaining about a supposed foul on the goalie?
City played okay but a draw should have been the right result but still the disallowed goal has really pissed me off.
But then again these fuckers have pissed me off since Alf Grey disallowing Reeves goal in the semi. Goodnight

One thing I don’t get is if referees are being encouraged to let play continue and let the game be more physical, what’s the point if you’re just gonna go back on that when VAR is involved?

I’m not talking about the decision today, just generally speaking, you can’t really be letting the game flow and let things be more physical if you’re not going to stick to those standards with VAR decisions that involve physically.

Offsides and handballs, completely understand, but you can’t have one standard for physicality in the game and another when VAR is involved.

In my opinion it should only be used for offsides and intentional handballs. I think that’s justified. But if every little clash before a goal is going to become a VAR decision, you may as well not have a ref on the pitch making any decisions at all.

One thing I don’t get is if referees are being encouraged to let play continue and let the game be more physical, what’s the point if you’re just gonna go back on that when VAR is involved?

I’m not talking about the decision today, just generally speaking, you can’t really be letting the game flow and let things be more physical if you’re not going to stick to those standards with VAR decisions that involve physically.

Offsides and handballs, completely understand, but you can’t have one standard for physicality in the game and another when VAR is involved.

In my opinion it should only be used for offsides and intentional handballs. I think that’s justified. But if every little clash before a goal is going to become a VAR decision, you may as well not have a ref on the pitch making any decisions at all.
Good post but one slight error in your post Not every little clash will be looked at.
If Taylor cannot be allowed to referee the game as he sees fit....... Well there will always be comments and complaints about corruption. If we had gone one up the game is entirely different. That was not a foul and would not have been given anywhere else on the pitch.

I really do hate to say it but my prediction before the introduction was that VAR was not the panacea people thought it was - its made the game almost a parody of what it was. The truest saying in the game is " things even themselves out over a season" - that was pre-VAR and I still believe that. Yeah sometimes you had a shit referee - introducing a second shit ref into a game sat at Stockley Park was never gonna make it better

We can't even have one standard for intentional handball because the 'intent' is subjectively applied.

Absolutely piss-poor performance collectively from the refereeing 'team' today. And the fact that the VAR decision making process mirrored the conversation in TV studio is more than a little suspicious.

Taylor was NOT in charge of that game today.

We can't even have one standard for intentional handball because the 'intent' is subjectively applied.

Absolutely piss-poor performance collectively from the refereeing 'team' today. And the fact that the VAR decision making process mirrored the conversation in TV studio is more than a little suspicious.

Taylor was NOT in charge of that game today.
I agree.
It's normally Spitty or Ratty who the mysterious people in the portacabin listen too before they make a decision

100% agre with your last comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.