VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really remember what I initially thought when they said they were bringing VAR in but in hindsight it seems obvious that, because it offers more technology to be used in a subjective fashion and crucially it provides a longer window of opportunity than the snap decision making of the referee, it was always going to offer an increased ability to manipulate the game.

The only way it rescues any credibility is to limit its use to a much smaller number of contexts and introduce full audio transparency of the conversations taking place. But that's not going to happen.

Anthony Taylor, the most experienced referee in the PL forced to back down by his Master for the day. VAR.
Something about him and Klanfield. He screwed Spurs and Chavs there last season with VAR decisions.

We were sold the clear and obvious line regarding VAR. it’s anything but that. Commentators and pundits are complicit in how it has been implemented by not calling out decisions like yesterday. It’s terrible for the sport and as many posters have said,what is the point in celebrating a goal anymore?…it has killed that passionate spontaneity that used to come when a goal is scored. I don’t know what the answer is to it anymore but it’s not the sport it was 5-10 years ago.

I normally sulk like a baby and refuse to watch highlights when we’ve lost. But I’ve just forced myself to watch Match of the Day. I was as a pissed off as anyone yesterday but I have to say in the sober light of the next day, my anger has subsided a bit. It was a foul by Haaland. I’d still probably be a bit annoyed because of the context of the way the rest of the game was refereed. But that’s tempered by the fact, I’m pretty sure Haaland kicked the ball when the ‘keeper had a hand on it anyway, so I doubt the goal would have stood.

More annoyed with the defending for the goal now more than anything. Both by DeBruyne and Cancello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.