VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slept on it and this morning I still don't believe that the var operator doesn't hear the game commentary . We all know that the Comms hear what's going on in the var room Ratboy admitted that ages ago, in fact if you listen to ratboys comments when a var decision is going on he is always trying to "lead" a view with his comments and it's not for the benefit of the viewing fans but for a small group of influential decision makers .

I'm currently in Oz, so for me it was a 2.30am kick off and an Egyptian? stream. I thought Taylor, up until Fodens goal, had a good game. He was letting it flow with physical contact, even minor fouls being allowed.
He had a good clear view of all the play up until Foden scored. He saw nothing wrong. I then saw the Sky replayed coverage, I didn't know what was being said. Sky concentrated on the keeper. It was clear Taylor was right, no foul. IIRC it was only after he was sent, (not asked, sent) to the screen did they start showing the Haaland so called foul. The contact that VAR ordered Taylor to use as the reason to disallow the goal had gone on, unpunished all game.
It was corrupt and to show that Pep is reported to have been shouting 'this is anfield'. He knows, you get nothing.
I am left wondering why I bothered getting up at 2am to watch corruption?
I really don't know the answer.
Taylor was told to disallow a perfectly good goal. It stinks.

Slept on it and this morning I still don't believe that the var operator doesn't hear the game commentary . We all know that the Comms hear what's going on in the var room Ratboy admitted that ages ago, in fact if you listen to ratboys comments when a var decision is going on he is always trying to "lead" a view with his comments and it's not for the benefit of the viewing fans but for a small group of influential decision makers .
The actions of VAR perfectly mirrored the opinions and timings of the comments in the TV studio and yesterday wasn't an isolated incident. It happens week-in-week-out with Rat Boy and Spitty. It could be coincidence...

I'm currently in Oz, so for me it was a 2.30am kick off and an Egyptian? stream. I thought Taylor, up until Fodens goal, had a good game. He was letting it flow with physical contact, even minor fouls being allowed.
He had a good clear view of all the play up until Foden scored. He saw nothing wrong. I then saw the Sky replayed coverage, I didn't know what was being said. Sky concentrated on the keeper. It was clear Taylor was right, no foul. IIRC it was only after he was sent, (not asked, sent) to the screen did they start showing the Haaland so called foul. The contact that VAR ordered Taylor to use as the reason to disallow the goal had gone on, unpunished all game.
It was corrupt and to show that Pep is reported to have been shouting 'this is anfield'. He knows, you get nothing.
I am left wondering why I bothered getting up at 2am to watch corruption?
I really don't know the answer.
Taylor was told to disallow a perfectly good goal. It stinks.
For me its all about context. The context of the game yesterday is that Taylor let the game flow and left far worse 'fouls' than Haaland unpunished. Bloody hell, Gomez and Van Dyke spent the afternoon with City shirts clasped in their mitts. To then disallow the Foden goal, having first let the foul go was inconsistent and grossly unfair.

In another game with the ref penalising similar fouls then fair enough. Its instances like this that get VAR a very bad game when in fact its the officials using it to manipulate outcomes.

Really falling out of love with the sport because of VAR. Feels like majority of these matches are being decided by the officials rather than the players. That's what is hard to deal with imo.

Has there ever been a decision by the referee that he is going to stick to his original take on a foul that leads to a goal, after he’s been told to look at the monitor..

For me its all about context. The context of the game yesterday is that Taylor let the game flow and left far worse 'fouls' than Haaland unpunished. Bloody hell, Gomez and Van Dyke spent the afternoon with City shirts clasped in their mitts. To then disallow the Foden goal, having first let the foul go was inconsistent and grossly unfair.

In another game with the ref penalising similar fouls then fair enough. Its instances like this that get VAR a very bad game when in fact its the officials using it to manipulate outcomes.
Totally agree. Taylor is surely the most experienced ref in the PL. Var was sold to us as something that would only be involved in clear and obvious errors. The most experienced ref did not commit a clear and obvious error so I can only believe he didn't change his mind, he was instructed to disallow the goal.
Var should not have been involved.

If that happens against West Ham on Wednesday ref does not go to monitor and var ref continues with his brew - it's the consistency we (football) don't get across all teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.