VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd remember the Dipper's (and the media) outrage if their had been.

They’re still banging on Kompany not getting a red card in the Sanè game. They still think Manè shouldn’t have been sent off for kicking Ederson in the head. They still think that handball when DeBruyne missed the penalty shouldn’t have been given.

They’re still banging on Kompany not getting a red card in the Sanè game. They still think Manè shouldn’t have been sent off for kicking Ederson in the head. They still think that handball when DeBruyne missed the penalty shouldn’t have been given.
From what I remember none of those decisions were contentious.

Haaland's tug was 50/50 and too early in the build up (for Var to go back to) and Salah did handball it. There, I replied

it wasn't handball. But your point about the VAR is different to whether it was a foul. I happen to agree with it being too early, but i think it was a foul.

Lol. That’s kind of my whole point.

You’ll struggle to find a single non City fan in the world who thinks disallowing Foden’s goal on Sunday was contentious.
I have had chats with three of the rare bread “reasonable” United supporters, and a Spurs supporting colleague who all thought it was a bit dubious in the context of the match. Some disagree with me about the Salah handball, but they all thought going back to Haaland’s foul was too far in the phase of play and that the Allison challenge was 50/50.

This is obviously a very small sample size, but it does refute your assertion above.

I have had chats with three of the rare bread “reasonable” United supporters, and a Spurs supporting colleague who all thought it was a bit dubious in the context of the match. Some disagree with me about the Salah handball, but they all thought going back to Haaland’s foul was too far in the phase of play and that the Allison challenge was 50/50.

This is obviously a very small sample size, but it does refute your assertion above.

Well I wouldn’t dream of telling anybody they can’t have an opinion on whether they think a challenge is a foul or not. But if they think it was too far back to be relevant they are quite clearly wrong by all the guidelines that are set out regarding things like “re-setting” and “same phase of play”

Blatant foul on Bowen in the box against Liverpool missed by the ref and would never have been given if it wasn’t for VAR

Trust us to f*ckin miss the pen tho

Lol. That’s kind of my whole point.

You’ll struggle to find a single non City fan in the world who thinks disallowing Foden’s goal on Sunday was contentious.
Didn't Lineker tweet that it was a ridiculous decision? An article posted here earlier from a pundit said it was the wrong decision too. Not seen Match of the Day but were they all adamant it was a fantastic refereeing performance with no issues over the goal being disallowed?
You're right that none of the FSG sponsored Influencers have said anything about it, they're too busy skriking about how mean the awful graffiti in the toilets was.

A question ...............

What was the reason that Klopp got sent off for?
From the clips I have seen it appeared to be some sort of tussle with Salah that wasn't deemed to be a foul. If that was the case then why was Haaland and Foden's goal penalised as it was a similar incident.
Because it was a goal. Seems there a different rules if you score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.