VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I despise VAR and would gladly scrap the fucker immediately…! That said, it was t VAR that lost us the game against the dippers, it was a piss poor performance, simple as that..
If we could just take a decent free kick we wouldn't have just lobbed it to their keeper. If we had any positional sense we would not have left one man back defending against a very good striker. If that one man hadn't have had a brain fart and gone diving in and the rest as they say, would have been a different history.

I have just watched a short video of the game in which one of the commentators tried to assert that Silva deliberately moved his left leg to get the penalty. I watched it time and again and it looked to me as though he was trying to keep his feet and go past the defender. Some pundits will try anything to get our penalty shouts ignored.

On the stream I watched Andy Morrison (I think) suggested Bernardo left his leg out on purpose, the thick ****.

I despise VAR and would gladly scrap the fucker immediately…! That said, it was t VAR that lost us the game against the dippers, it was a piss poor performance, simple as that..
I would happily welcome the end of video technology and go back to the days when the officials made stupid mistakes and we roundly abused them. At least those of you in the grounds could cheer a goal the moment it was scored instead of having to wait until the joker in Stockley had reviewed his brown envelope to check on the decision he needed to make,

As soon as VAR started looking at the first goal yesterday I thought they would find a way to chalk it off.I was amazed when they let it stand, not because I thought it was a foul but just given any opportunity I feel like they will rule against us. If that had been against the dippers there is no way it would have stood. I didn't see much difference between the one yesterday and the one last week, just the opponent.

They didn't give a clear penalty for the challenge on Haaland but then gave the second one on Silva after pissing about for about 3 mins reviewing it.

I think VAR is a good thing but the people reviewing it are not fit for purpose and they need to get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.