VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Douglas Luiz, sent off after the VAR advised the ref to go to the monitor, who then sent him off, has his suspension overturned as he shouldn’t have been sent off.
Something is very wrong with the current set up and it needs better people to be running it. Too many vested interests at the minute where the emphasis doesn’t seem to be on the correct decisions but on not making fellow referees look incompetent, which surely isn’t the point.
I said at the time it was not a red, if I can see it why can’t the so called professionals?

I’m not sure as it was a blatant penalty, unlike the one we got given, where Bernardo left his leg out to make contact.
I have just watched a short video of the game in which one of the commentators tried to assert that Silva deliberately moved his left leg to get the penalty. I watched it time and again and it looked to me as though he was trying to keep his feet and go past the defender. Some pundits will try anything to get our penalty shouts ignored.

I have just watched a short video of the game in which one of the commentators tried to assert that Silva deliberately moved his left leg to get the penalty. I watched it time and again and it looked to me as though he was trying to keep his feet and go past the defender. Some pundits will try anything to get our penalty shouts ignored.
I can’t comment on what some pundits have said without hearing what they actually said.

I thought it was a generous award of a penalty. Far less of a penalty than the foul on Haaland earlier on in the game.

I can’t comment on what some pundits have said without hearing what they actually said.

I thought it was a generous award of a penalty. Far less of a penalty than the foul on Haaland earlier on in the game.
So why didn't var intervene on the first? One thing we all ask for is consistency. 3 professionls in charge of the game seem to have missed a totally obvious foul, 3 !!! What is the point of var if 3 miss it.

So why didn't var intervene on the first? One thing we all ask for is consistency. 3 professionls in charge of the game seem to have missed a totally obvious foul, 3 !!! What is the point of var if 3 miss it.
I don’t know mate. The game is fast and humans make errors.

They record the action, they have assistants to play action back, so saying humans make errors is not good enough.
Ok mate, I’m off to hospital to see me 95 year old gran who has banged her head overnight.

I can’t say that I’m hugely bothered about which penalty was forensically correct at the moment.

I hope that by the time I next see the forum that we will have clarified how shit it all is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.