VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no need. Every goal is checked. Its the mindset that automatically we are offside when anything is tight. The only thing clear with the ball already leaving Kdb’s foot is they are both clearly onside. You wont have to wait very long to see a linesman not flag for a similar redshirts goal. This is why we need VAR, we are worse off without it
He thought it was offside. It’s very close! He doesn’t have the luxury of the stilled image.

He waited for the move to play out before making his decision known, it was checked and found to be incorrect, so the goal stood.

Where it was done incorrectly was the Cancelo goal at West Brom where the lineswoman flagged too early, but fortunately the ref let it play out and his goal was allowed to stand.

Worth noting that leagues without VAR want it - so despite the outrage that it’s corrupt and killing the game, that is not resonating with other clubs/fans

And many more lower league clubs calling for it

They want the tool, not the way it has been deployed.

Which is fair enough, I agree more needs to be done to make VAR more transparent and get decisions more accurate- I truly believe all the ‘powers’ want this aswel, but there’s no perfect system that will get everything right - and that’s what people need to understand

Until VAR becomes transparent to the watching fans both inside the stadium and around the globe, then it will always be suspect.

It's been going for 4 years now but it's still cloaked in secrecy with no accountability afforded to the people making the calls.

American football, you hear the on-field ref clearly explaining what's happened and why a certain decision has been reached..

USA's biggest sport, just imagine their fans having to put up with the shit show VAR dishes up to us every week..

It would be carnage..

Rugby League and Union, even cricket is transparent when it comes to informing the watching public what's going on.

But not football..

Why is this after so long ?

What's to hide..?

I watched the rags get gubbed on Sunday and like everyone else, was absolutely dumbfounded that..

Mctominay wasn't red carded..

Their 5'5" centre half wasn't pulled up for a blatant penalty..

Their goal wasn't ruled out for handball

And slabhead wasn't given a second yellow and subsequently sent off..

4 decisions there that all went the way of the same team, chances of that eh..!

Having Tyler, ratboy, spit and the likes of SKY and BT hardwired into the conversations between the match officials and Stockley Park doesn't sit right with me..

Why do the broadcasters get to hear what's being discussed but the rest of us don't..?

That in itself opens up what's actually going on as suspect and open to abuse..

Until VAR becomes transparent to one and all and decisions are explained openly, I'm not convinced it's all above board and snowy white.

The rags game on Sunday, their first game of the season was corrupt to fcuk..

Despite the huge leg up they were given by VAR, they still managed to lose because they are fkin crap..

Enjoyed the result immensely, was not impressed with the shit show that is VAR one bit..!

Which is fair enough, I agree more needs to be done to make VAR more transparent and get decisions more accurate- I truly believe all the ‘powers’ want this aswel, but there’s no perfect system that will get everything right - and that’s what people need to understand
You’ve been consistent in your support of VAR, and I think for the most part proven right. It was a shitshow at the beginning and early criticisms were justified. It works a lot better now, which you predicted. No way now I’d want to go back to the non VAR days, where refs would would have a much greater license to kill us.

You’ve been consistent in your support of VAR, and I think for the most part proven right. It was a shitshow at the beginning and early criticisms were justified. It works a lot better now, which you predicted. No way now I’d want to go back to the non VAR days, where refs would would have a much greater license to kill us.

Nice one, cheers and on my part I have been a bit of an arse when debating this topic especially as VAR does have its negatives and does take something out the game like when goals are scored.
Just get annoyed with those who get so pent up and angry and think the games all corrupt everytime there’s a contentious decision that doesn’t go their way

What's to hide..?
It is hiding in plain sight. VAR is a tool used to enable the authorities to secure their commercial ambitions. These ambitions are primarily geared towards ensuring the success of the 2 highest revenue generating clubs when it comes to the global generation of television and other peripheral revenues. Simple.

It is hiding in plain sight. VAR is a tool used to enable the authorities to secure their commercial ambitions. These ambitions are primarily geared towards ensuring the success of the 2 highest revenue generating clubs when it comes to the global generation of television and other peripheral revenues. Simple.

Except that’s not working.
They would achieve far greater success without VAR as the officials can just award Liverpool/Man Utd anything they want too.
No need to check VAR. any corner whipped in they can just point to the spot and award them a penalty no questions asked - that’s what we were putting up with before VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.