VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, moaning about refs and VAR is part of the football experience these days.

From the moment the referee for the next match is announced, the moaning begins up until a few days after the game, whatever the result.

It‘s a self fulfilling prophecy. They were always going to be crap and here are the reasons we were right all along.
Moaning about the refs was always part of the match/ after match. Was has spoilt it is the scrutiny Sky give every decision. I can't remember which thread but someone put a Brian Clough interview up. He called out the bbc even then for how they treat referees. I do think they get a bad deal from sky and the rest.

Moaning about the refs was always part of the match/ after match. Was has spoilt it is the scrutiny Sky give every decision. I can't remember which thread but someone put a Brian Clough interview up. He called out the bbc even then for how they treat referees. I do think they get a bad deal from sky and the rest.
100% agreed with you on that. Unless they are perfect, they are castigated and only wrong decisions remembered.

Better TV coverage and social media has changed how football is reported dramatically.

It is hiding in plain sight. VAR is a tool used to enable the authorities to secure their commercial ambitions. These ambitions are primarily geared towards ensuring the success of the 2 highest revenue generating clubs when it comes to the global generation of television and other peripheral revenues. Simple.
Sorry, don’t want to be rude, but this is wrong. Too many examples out there to demonstrate that this just isn’t right.

This “high bar” thing with VAR needs to die.

I’m hoping that Mike Dean will help smash it to pieces.

If the VAR official thinks it‘s a wrong decision, they should tell the on-field ref to watch it again. He can, by all means, stick to his original decision, but this narrative about it not being a “clear enough error” needs to get in the bin.

It is hiding in plain sight. VAR is a tool used to enable the authorities to secure their commercial ambitions. These ambitions are primarily geared towards ensuring the success of the 2 highest revenue generating clubs when it comes to the global generation of television and other peripheral revenues. Simple.

Really makes you think that doesn't it..

Open it up to everyone and this will disappear..

Not mic'ed up the refs yet though..

Multi billion pound industry, can it be left to chance that the money making teams finish where the broadcasters and investors want them to finish ?

Although, I suppose there's a fine line between VAR being controversial and being blatantly corrupt..

How many penalties did the rags get in the 2nd half of the season a couple of years ago to ensure CL qualification was it again..?

Now that was off the scale..!

I’ve always stated I’d scrap VAR and go back to how it was if everyone could be happy with refs and Lino’s making the odd completely blind decision, guessing, players blatantly diving, goals scored even though they was well offside, off the ball horrendous tackles not seen etc

But I’ve a feeling would probably be more outrage now we know we could have technology assistance
it can never go back and we,ve only got this mismash because sky and co repeatly play incidents to suit there narrative and ignore the rest ,just watch moth they only show what they want and most of the time its a different game to one you saw live
clear and obvious

Really makes you think that doesn't it..

Open it up to everyone and this will disappear..

Not mic'ed up the refs yet though..

Multi billion pound industry, can it be left to chance that the money making teams finish where the broadcasters and investors want them to finish ?

Although, I suppose there's a fine line between VAR being controversial and being blatantly corrupt..

How many penalties did the rags get in the 2nd half of the season a couple of years ago to ensure CL qualification was it again..?

Now that was off the scale..!
This doesn’t prove it is corrupt though.

This proves that more penalties were given to the rags than you wanted there to be!

With all due respect, I was talking about the Premier League.

I can’t comment much on a blurred still from another jurisdiction.

What they will say though is that it’s hit his hand outside of a natural silhouette and therefore a penalty will be given, in all likelihood.

As long as handball decisions are consistent, the ruling minutiae doesn’t matter to me.
these images are from IFAB (the people that set the rules) you can find them on their website.

Until VAR becomes transparent to the watching fans both inside the stadium and around the globe, then it will always be suspect.

It's been going for 4 years now but it's still cloaked in secrecy with no accountability afforded to the people making the calls.

American football, you hear the on-field ref clearly explaining what's happened and why a certain decision has been reached..

USA's biggest sport, just imagine their fans having to put up with the shit show VAR dishes up to us every week..

It would be carnage..

Rugby League and Union, even cricket is transparent when it comes to informing the watching public what's going on.

But not football..

Why is this after so long ?

What's to hide..?

I watched the rags get gubbed on Sunday and like everyone else, was absolutely dumbfounded that..

Mctominay wasn't red carded..

Their 5'5" centre half wasn't pulled up for a blatant penalty..

Their goal wasn't ruled out for handball

And slabhead wasn't given a second yellow and subsequently sent off..

4 decisions there that all went the way of the same team, chances of that eh..!

Having Tyler, ratboy, spit and the likes of SKY and BT hardwired into the conversations between the match officials and Stockley Park doesn't sit right with me..

Why do the broadcasters get to hear what's being discussed but the rest of us don't..?

That in itself opens up what's actually going on as suspect and open to abuse..

Until VAR becomes transparent to one and all and decisions are explained openly, I'm not convinced it's all above board and snowy white.

The rags game on Sunday, their first game of the season was corrupt to fcuk..

Despite the huge leg up they were given by VAR, they still managed to lose because they are fkin crap..

Enjoyed the result immensely, was not impressed with the shit show that is VAR one bit..!
Abso-bloody-lutely, well said sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.