VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hiding in plain sight. VAR is a tool used to enable the authorities to secure their commercial ambitions. These ambitions are primarily geared towards ensuring the success of the 2 highest revenue generating clubs when it comes to the global generation of television and other peripheral revenues. Simple.

Really makes you think that doesn't it..

Open it up to everyone and this will disappear..

Not mic'ed up the refs yet though..

Multi billion pound industry, can it be left to chance that the money making teams finish where the broadcasters and investors want them to finish ?

Although, I suppose there's a fine line between VAR being controversial and being blatantly corrupt..

How many penalties did the rags get in the 2nd half of the season a couple of years ago to ensure CL qualification was it again..?

Now that was off the scale..!
This doesn’t prove it is corrupt though.

This proves that more penalties were given to the rags than you wanted there to be!

It proves nothing, bit presumptuous of you to tell me what I wanted too..

I couldn't give a fcuk how many penalties they get awarded, if they are justified then they deserve them..

Tell you what, go back and watch the shed load they 'won' that particular season and then come back and tell us all on here that they were all justified..

I have absolutely no doubt that you'll be able to do that Alan..!

Really makes you think that doesn't it..

Open it up to everyone and this will disappear..

Not mic'ed up the refs yet though..

Multi billion pound industry, can it be left to chance that the money making teams finish where the broadcasters and investors want them to finish ?

Although, I suppose there's a fine line between VAR being controversial and being blatantly corrupt..

How many penalties did the rags get in the 2nd half of the season a couple of years ago to ensure CL qualification was it again..?

Now that was off the scale..!

It proves nothing, bit presumptuous of you to tell me what I wanted too..

I couldn't give a fcuk how many penalties they get awarded, if they are justified then they deserve them..

Tell you what, go back and watch the shed load they 'won' that particular season and then come back and tell us all on here that they were all justified..

I have absolutely no doubt that you'll be able to do that Alan..!
I won’t because I’m not arsed about it.

Fair enough Alan..

I remember it very clearly..!
This is what VAR is very good at. Making people remember certain injustices and forgetting where it works well.

I‘m sure you could run a stats model and see there is some rag bias, but you can’t prove corruption.

If it is there to help the rags, it’s not doing a very good job!

City v Villa, one of the biggest games in our history, and one I was fortunate enough to be at. I’m fairly sure there was hardly an incorrect decision in the whole game. And if there was a big decision to be made there was video back-up to help the ref. I’m not sure what more we want.

(If there was an error, the ref blew up early!)

I'm not disagreeing or arguing I'm saying the ref and var got it wrong on this instance.
Check out
and the IFAB examples they've put up

in particular this image

View attachment 52277

which is the exact same situation as Dias' scenario ie fast glacing header that hit the defenders hand without any time to react. The IFAB say this isn't handball so case closed for me.
It's hard to see from this isolated angle, but given the other examples shown, it's almost certain that this player is holding his arm across his body, rather than away from it like Dias.

I think the Dias penalty decision was harsh, but Dias hand position looks closer to the images which are shown as handball rather than those which aren't.

This is what VAR is very good at. Making people remember certain injustices and forgetting where it works well.

I‘m sure you could run a stats model and see there is some rag bias, but you can’t prove corruption.

If it is there to help the rags, it’s not doing a very good job!
Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but there was a pro-VAR Haaland quote where he said he'd never be offside again with VAR. An exaggeration, but we've already seen how scary his acceleration is, and he was obviously frustrated that he was being called offside when he was just unhumanly fast.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but there was a pro-VAR Haaland quote where he said he'd never be offside again with VAR. An exaggeration, but we've already seen how scary his acceleration is, and he was obviously frustrated that he was being called offside when he was just unhumanly fast.
When was that? For us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.