VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
And not sure how many times I have to state that VAR isn’t perfect, still needs improvements and can understand the anger when they don’t get it right
I like the idea of VAR, it's the current implementation of it that sucks. It seems the English football authorities have gone out of their way to make it harder for refs, players and fans.

VAR shouldn't overrule the ref, it should highlight things he needs to look at again, then when the ref looks at the incident again (with the 4th official and/or assistant refs) we hear them discuss it, then explain why they are sticking with or overruling their original decision.

Although, I suppose there's a fine line between VAR being controversial and being blatantly corrupt..

It’s not really a fine line though is it?

You’re talking about the difference between differences of opinion and a mass conspiracy involving hundreds of not amazingly highly paid people, all compliant and all sworn to a life long pact of secrecy. Where if any one of them was to ever come clean, would bring the whole game crashing to its knees.

This is what VAR is very good at. Making people remember certain injustices and forgetting where it works well.

I‘m sure you could run a stats model and see there is some rag bias, but you can’t prove corruption.

If it is there to help the rags, it’s not doing a very good job!
It doesn't need to help them all the way to the top, does it, but I think there's no denying that it most certainly helps them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.