VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s how it’s interpreted in games by the officials though, however much Eds on Bluemoon thinks he has a gotcha moment.
Not a moment but odd that the PL interprets VAR differently from every other league that uses it. I wonder why? Laws are put in place but ignored by our officials. I shall ask again in the vain hope of a sensible answer. Why weren’t Brighton awarded a penalty, it was a far more clear and obvious error than the Dias issue. Which part of the laws did they interpret for that to get it so wrong. VAR could be such a great option to make the game better but in its current guise and the way it’s being used it’s not fit for purpose as too many errors are taking place despite the fact we are into the fourth season of use.

And not sure how many times I have to state that VAR isn’t perfect, still needs improvements and can understand the anger when they don’t get it right
It's why they get it wrong that causes the anger. The selectiveness and the inconsistency of it.
Nobody is saying the technology is at fault (I think) merely it's implementation.

Not a moment but odd that the PL interprets VAR differently from every other league that uses it. I wonder why? Laws are put in place but ignored by our officials. I shall ask again in the vain hope of a sensible answer. Why weren’t Brighton awarded a penalty, it was a far more clear and obvious error than the Dias issue. Which part of the laws did they interpret for that to get it so wrong. VAR could be such a great option to make the game better but in its current guise and the way it’s being used it’s not fit for purpose as too many errors are taking place despite the fact we are into the fourth season of use.
It doesn’t really matter as long as the rules are applied consistently.

The Brighton penalty is totally different to the Dias penalty. Different laws were in play,

The Brighton one wasn’t given as “the bar was too high” and has been criticised.

The Dias one ticked the boxes of handball in England and so was overturned and not criticised (apart from by partisan City fans).

...and alan.
We’re not suggesting it’s perfect, we’re suggesting it’s better than not having it and are being more patient with it.

Despite its “total bias”, we’ve managed to win the league 3 out of the 4 years its been active.

VAR will never please everyone as some of its decisions are subjective.

People on here will still suggest Rodri didn’t handle the ball at Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.