VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t believe they aren’t.

Could you link me to an article criticising the Dias handball?
Of course the laws aren't being applied consistently.

With all due respect, I was talking about the Premier League.

I can’t comment much on a blurred still from another jurisdiction.

What they will say though is that it’s hit his hand outside of a natural silhouette and therefore a penalty will be given, in all likelihood.

As long as handball decisions are consistent, the ruling minutiae doesn’t matter to me.
Consistency, that's the word. That's what we all want. But best of luck with that one.

You’ve been consistent in your support of VAR, and I think for the most part proven right. It was a shitshow at the beginning and early criticisms were justified. It works a lot better now, which you predicted. No way now I’d want to go back to the non VAR days, where refs would would have a much greater license to kill us.
It is getting better for sure. But, for me, not to the extent that it pays off on the downsides. The offside issue encapsulates it for me. It’s not accurate but we are told the calls are black and white.

Rewind to when VAR was being introduced and we were told it would be a tool to help Refs make better decisions. Letting a ref look at the video in slo mo for 30 secs does that. If you are getting to the stage of a team of 6 hundreds of miles away are drawing lines on armpits and toe nails then their original call was fine

Of course the laws aren't being applied consistently.

Thanks, so a former city player and one other pundit questioned it.

Hardly a backlash. Was the Liverpool Echo’s headline “How Dias’ handball helped Liverpool win their first trophy of the season?”

You not enjoying football these last few seasons ?
Well, after 38 years of having a season ticket I gave it up the second season after VAR was introduced. I find, as a fan I'm less in the dark about what's happening during a VAR break whilst watching in the comfort of my own home.
So, in answer to your question - not as much.

Thanks, so a former city player and one other pundit questioned it.

Hardly a backlash. Was the Liverpool Echo’s headline “How Dias’ handball helped Liverpool win their first trophy of the season?”
No pleasing some people is there.

You said 'Could you link me to an article criticising the Dias handball?'

I sent you two articles and I also remember hearing a couple of commentators saying it either wouldn't be a penalty or it was harsh. The point still stands that VAR hasn't done for the game what fans thought it would. If you think it has then you need to form a 'VAR is great' society with BlueHammer85.

No pleasing some people is there.

You said 'Could you link me to an article criticising the Dias handball?'

I sent you two articles and I also remember hearing a couple of commentators saying it either wouldn't be a penalty or it was harsh. The point still stands that VAR hasn't done for the game what fans thought it would. If you think it has then you need to form a 'VAR is great' society with BlueHammer85.
Indeed, one from a source that is mocked daily on here and another that is read by a few on Twitter.

99% of people were happy that it was a penalty. A few blinkered a City fans and a couple of pundits had a bit of a moan about it, but not really as they were just saying it to be quoted.

VAR isn’t great, but it helps get more decisions right than happened before it.

Indeed, one from a source that is mocked daily on here and another that is read by a few on Twitter.

99% of people were happy that it was a penalty. A few blinkered a City fans and a couple of pundits had a bit of a moan about it, but not really as they were just saying it to be quoted.

VAR isn’t great, but it helps get more decisions right than happened before it.
Next time you ask me for any documentation you better put your list of caveats of what I can link to. At least we agree VAR isn't great and it is still making too many mistakes for it to be anything other than shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.