VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next time you ask me for any documentation you better put your list of caveats of what I can link to. At least we agree VAR isn't great and it is still making too many mistakes for it to be anything other than shit.
That’s just your tired, cynical view of football.

If I shared that view, I would never watch another game of football again.

No pleasing some people is there.

You said 'Could you link me to an article criticising the Dias handball?'

I sent you two articles and I also remember hearing a couple of commentators saying it either wouldn't be a penalty or it was harsh. The point still stands that VAR hasn't done for the game what fans thought it would. If you think it has then you need to form a 'VAR is great' society with BlueHammer85.

The losing of the community shield by fair means or foul live on the day is OK by me, but what is not right is VAR ?
Firstly, Manchester city should have had a pen for handball when Fabinho stops the ball in trying to defend it,
I think the city goal paper over the fact VAR never even looked at it,

so if Dias is handball by VAR, because of a clear and obvious error by the match official then city was robbed of a pen because they never even looked at it, THAT IS WHAT SIT'S WRONG WITH ME and not the result

If you hold that opinion, football will be “corrupt”, whatever system is employed.

This then begs the question as to why you’d follow football at all if you think it corrupt.
Iv not mentioned corruption, nowhere I think! I do believe in bias (I mentioned that 5 or 6 times). You've totally missed the point of my post. Bias exists, the more people involved in decision making the more chance the bias has to creep through. I thought I was plain about that, not sure why you've read it another way.

I dont know if I am right or wrong, but it certainly is an explanation of why decisions are screwy sometimes with VAR. Its why we see what we see, chaotic decisions.... IE lots of people having an input into the decision making... Including the Match Commander if that was to be believed?

But corruption, brown envelopes, secret payments... Nah I didnt mention tyhat

Iv not mentioned corruption, nowhere I think! I do believe in bias (I mentioned that 5 or 6 times). You've totally missed the point of my post. Bias exists, the more people involved in decision making the more chance the bias has to creep through. I thought I was plain about that, not sure why you've read it another way.

I dont know if I am right or wrong, but it certainly is an explanation of why decisions are screwy sometimes with VAR. Its why we see what we see, chaotic decisions.... IE lots of people having an input into the decision making... Including the Match Commander if that was to be believed?

But corruption, brown envelopes, secret payments... Nah I didnt mention tyhat
Fair enough. I apologise for using the C word.

I still wouldn’t watch a sport that I believed results were being manipulated through bias or the C word.

VAR will get more transparent. It will improve too.

The next step is dialogue being released after the game. This will improve things and then lead to dialogue being heard in real time before long.

Fair enough. I apologise for using the C word.

I still wouldn’t watch a sport that I believed results were being manipulated through bias or the C word.

VAR will get more transparent. It will improve too.

The next step is dialogue being released after the game. This will improve things and then lead to dialogue being heard in real time before long.
I imagine it like this :

Ref - was that a handball
VAR person 1 - it could be
VAR person 2 - sub rule 56 says No
VAR person 3 (With a slight lfc leaning) - Nah there was a foul leading up to it so City dont deserve a penalty
Match Commander - Just make the fkin decision NOW
VAR person 1 - er. er. random answer based on some bit of the rules

What we see in the game is confusion. Chaotic decisions, basically wrong some times

Mic em up, but I guess first they have to get their shit in order.

I imagine it like this :

Ref - was that a handball
VAR person 1 - it could be
VAR person 2 - sub rule 56 says yes
VAR person 3 (With a slight lfc leaning) - Nah there was a foul leading up to it so City dont deserve a penalty
Match commander - Just make the fkin decision NOW
VAR person 1 - er. er. random answer based on some bit of the rules

What we see is confusion.

Mic em up, but I guess first they have to get their shit in order.
It’ll get there. It’ll just take time.

It’ll get there. It’ll just take time.

Which is what many have said all along

It’s already vastly improved despite the odd bad decision massively highlighted across social media and forums nowadays

It will always improve but never be perfect and please everyone - that’s life

If there really is biase and corruption it’s far easier to do without VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.