VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few decisions here and there which could have been better … but overall out of 64 games there wasn’t much uproar and massively wrong errors. VAR worked very well. Impressed with a lot of the refs letting stuff go (too much at times) to allow the matches to flow better, they were much stricter on time wasting and the more added time being given is long overdue
Agree with this. Notably less falling over and rolling around than usual as well (at least until the stakes got higher and it was worth the risk) which I suppose has to be down to VAR. Generally, good level of refereeing. No issues on that score really.

Agree with this. Notably less falling over and rolling around than usual as well (at least until the stakes got higher and it was worth the risk) which I suppose has to be down to VAR. Generally, good level of refereeing. No issues on that score really.

Also worth noting

‘England’s defeat to France on Saturday became the most-viewed UK TV broadcast of the year so far, peaking with 21.3M viewers’

I was continually told VAR would kill the game and fans would boycott watching

Also worth noting

‘England’s defeat to France on Saturday became the most-viewed UK TV broadcast of the year so far, peaking with 21.3M viewers’

I thought the boycott was fans going to the game. As it took the spontinuity out of the game, eg waiting for 3/4 mins, sometimes longer, for decisions. It's made for TV audiences.

Also worth noting

Yep. It's really tedious when people keep repeating the same thing over and over again .....

;)

Also worth noting

To be fair the way the foreigners do VAR is much better than our officials, the euphoria of good refereeing will be put straight on the 22nd with 5 minute waits and dodgy decisions by the bucket :)

Much more platforms to watch games nowadays then just BBC/ITV

Viewing figures nowdays don’t take into account iPlayer and various other streams

Has VAR ruined the game and are fans turning away from it ? Ask Argentina fans

Urggh.

Please stop using this argument that "some people said VAR is ruining football and they won't watch it any more but, hey ho, people are still watching anyway" as some sort of win. You want to win against people who say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment, you be you. It really isn't the win you think it is and its not doing you any favours with those of us who try to understand both sides of the discussion and to whom you contribute some valid points.

It's as bad as the other classic argument: "why do you bother watching if you think it's all corrupt?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.