VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t they list them?

40308493b018bd05decfd327794e68ff.png

5e7a86a584a383153161a20afa1253d3.jpg

VAR offsides should be changed or a rule change that allows for it not being 100% correct because of technology and camera angles not being in line, why not use something like the old system of daylight between players and make it simple

There has never been an official “daylight” rule. What they are using in England this season is along those lines though. The two lines are thicker than previously and when there is any overlap, it’s on side, even when the attackers line is further forward. Arsene Wenger has been talking about a daylight rule. I think it was or is been trialled in Italy’s Under 18 league. Not that it will cause any less controversy. It’ll just move the discussion a few inches further up the pitch.

I wonder if they'll show a corrected table?
Is that per week?

Actually, they are saying there were 54 incidents that should have been reviewed by VAR. 6 came to the wrong conclusion and they missed 6 of them. That's almost a one in four failure rate. It's good these guys aren't building bridges.

if the officials are still getting it wrong under the clear and obvious VAR system, then turn it off
I'm not so sure it's human error, though. Way way too many blatantly incorrect decisions are being made by officials that it's difficult to put them all down to incompetence. Maybe the game is corrupt and certain referees have received 'sweeteners'? Who knows? But when you are watching an incident on the screen and you can see for yourself that a decision is incorrect, why can't the referee? The one man whose job it is to get it right?

We all know certain teams are being favoured, it's been like that for the better part of 40 years now. But it's the 21st century now and technology has brought us all into the digital age: cameras, transmitters, videos, you name it. We can see an incident from so many different angles, computers can capture even the minutest of details, the imagery is second to none - but if the ref says it didn't happen then it didn't happen. Absurd.

I can think of no other billion dollar industry that relies on the opinion of one man, and that one man is accountable to absolutely no one: shareholders, boardroom members, senior staff members etc. This one man is permitted to say and do whatever he wants and will never be held accountable for things when they go wrong.

After spending the last few years adjusting to VAR, it is scary how dramatic the change to margins are when VAR is suddenly removed. The officials were extremely confused also, the linesmen were delaying flags expecting VAR to correct their decisions. We suffered most from this but as we won, I expect it will go under the radar. I can't work out if the ref did well or not, he didn't give anything either way. Maybe he forgot his whistle? Rodri and Fabinho may have been both sent off with VAR?

There has been far more mistakes than that.

These are specifically the six incidents that an independent panel judged to be incorrect VAR interventions. It doesn’t include mistakes a referee may have made outside of VAR jurisdiction. Or cases where the VAR incorrectly didn’t get involved in correcting a wrong refereeing decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.