VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So without VAR - Cresswell would have taken a ball smashed into his face and Arsenal would have been awarded a penalty . Totally fine and normal.

OK not Var but, like Var, it is everything wrong with modern football. Today the linesmans coms failed. He has one job to do, raise his silly little flag but no, we have to have a 10 minute break whilst someone tries to fix his radio. Players stood in the rain and fans bored whilst we wait. What dies he need comms for ? He has a fucking flag.
The game is fucked.

Not a “VAR is bent” post, but more a “we need to rethink offside in the context of VAR” post.

That offside call against Brighton to rule out their third against Arsenal is an example of why offside needs to be reformed in the era of VAR review.

His back stud was “off” as he was running away from the goal line.

I am not sure any football fan (apart from Arse supporters) would agree that any advantage was being gained there or that ruling out goals in that way improves football.

OK not Var but, like Var, it is everything wrong with modern football. Today the linesmans coms failed. He has one job to do, raise his silly little flag but no, we have to have a 10 minute break whilst someone tries to fix his radio. Players stood in the rain and fans bored whilst we wait. What dies he need comms for ? He has a fucking flag.
The game is fucked.

One game out of hundreds that there was a slight technical delay - so this obviously means the ‘game is fucked’

The game is fucked.

It felt like it took forever, sitting there in the cold but I’ve read it was less than six minutes. Still annoying. I suspect if they’d somehow known from the outset it was going to take that long, they’d have probably sacked it off and carried on without it. But these things normally take less than a minute, so I suppose once the guy has started fiddling around, you’ve got to stick with it until he’s done. He seemed quite pleased with his work, waving away to the crowd afterwards.

The game is fucked.
Ah, but comms is available and refs need to be at the cutting edge of technology. I just wonder why during the seemingly interminable recess we didn't get a single word on the screen at to what was happening. At one point I thought the flunky was looking for the lino's tits. I sit diammetrically opposite but in CBL3 so it was a long way away and an easy mistake to make. Wasn't Bolton's finest, Mason, in the VAR shed? Might explain every detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.