VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would surely be embarrassing to defend VAR if it’s not the case that every premier league ground has the same VAR kit/spec/capabilities. I mean it’s actually scandalous if true
Two clubs do not have to have screens. Why ? OK they are not an integral part of VAR but why would any organisation allow 2 of its members to be different ?
Var is a joke and it seems it is operated differently at each ground.

We will have our resident spammer/wum along soon to tell us its a brilliant system and it was offside. We are all wrong and always are.

Can you quote me saying ‘it’s a brilliant system’

If you can’t - then calling me a wum is hypocrisy

Told you he'd be along. Cue 13 pages as we are all bored into submission and simply refuse to come into the thread for days.

Told you he'd be along. Cue 13 pages as we are all bored into submission and simply refuse to come into the thread for days.

So you can’t quote me saying VAR is a brilliant system. And I’m the wum apparently

I’ll leave you to shout at the clouds in that case

VAR has done itself no favours tonight, 2 woeful offside calls missed/ignored and Robertsons stamp.

Bad officiating even with the use of VAR - it’s frustrating and i wish they didn’t make mistakes but it will happen time to time. Can scream corruption or just find ways for them to improve (which I think it has year on year)

Without VAR the lino would have flagged offside anyway

And these are the types of decisions that officials consistently get wrong without VAR

I also understand the argument for VAR to used at all grounds or none at all - but equally lower league teams are not set up for it and if a match doesn’t have VAR then it’s still a normal 11v11 match

Just look at Trents position, and Nunes position when he comes in frame 0.1 seconds later. No chance he was offside, Wolves got robbed by liVARpool as so many teams have been before. Absolute joke.

This is the very first frame that shows the very top blur of the head of the corner taker (bottom red circle).
I have drawn a crude offside line (that probably favours Liverpool more than anything).

The ball is difficult to see but is in the center of the centre red circle (it is just leaving the body of a player). It is still unknown if it came off a Liverpool or a Wolves player (as we saw with the Salah goal, it is apparently impossible for the corner taker to be offside if a Liverpool player was the last to touch the ball).

Either way, it is very difficult to believe that the corner taker was offside when the ball was cleared to them.

EE8-EEE3-E-32-F8-4-A31-B08-A-CFF0-B0-CD353-C.jpg

Here are the problems with this decisions and VAR:

1) because the officials are not mic’d, there is no way to know if the flag was for the corner taker or some other fabricated infringement

2) there is a bling spot for VAR at Anfield (for “reasons”) that prevented any conclusive frame from being capture that would show the exact position of the corner taker when the ball was played

3) VAR provided no evidence of who last touch the ball, which would determine if the corner taker could be offside at all

4) the linesman flagged for offside in this instance, whilst the other linesman didn’t flag for offside for the Salah goal; these decisions substantive impacted the outcome of the goals (no flag for the Wolves goal and it would have stood; a flag for the Salah goal and it wouldn’t have stood).
There are serious issues with the current officiating and VAR (especially at certain grounds like Anfield).

So you can’t quote me saying VAR is a brilliant system. And I’m the wum apparently

I’ll leave you to shout at the clouds in that case
To be fair, you have gained a bit of a reputation on here for being one of VAR's biggest fans.

If you watched the Liverpool v Wolves match tonight, you must accept that the VAR decisions and non-decisions were ludicrous.

The system is as strong as it's weakest link - the officials responsible for final decisions. It's a flawed system that is wide open to corruption.

Bad officiating even with the use of VAR - it’s frustrating and i wish they didn’t make mistakes but it will happen time to time. Can scream corruption or just find ways for them to improve (which I think it has year on year)

Without VAR the lino would have flagged offside anyway

And these are the types of decisions that officials consistently get wrong without VAR

I also understand the argument for VAR to used at all grounds or none at all - but equally lower league teams are not set up for it and if a match doesn’t have VAR then it’s still a normal 11v11 match
This highlights yet again how certain teams are officiated. The linesman despite it now being clear the wolves player is 5 yards onside, automatically puts his flag up to favour incorrectly a red shirts team. VAR isnt perfect, it should never have a blind spot at a Premier League ground. However, without it we have zero chance of keeping these bent fuckers in check.

There is uproar over this tonight though….

Attachments

• 89FC2480-FA1B-42F3-8AD1-0D78E69341F5.jpeg
    89FC2480-FA1B-42F3-8AD1-0D78E69341F5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.