VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, you have gained a bit of a reputation on here for being one of VAR's biggest fans.

If you watched the Liverpool v Wolves match tonight, you must accept that the VAR decisions and non-decisions were ludicrous.

The system is as strong as it's weakest link - the officials responsible for final decisions. It's a flawed system that is wide open to corruption.

Fair point, I argue for VAR more than against - despite its MANY flaws - I still advocate for VAR as officials can not keep up with the speed of the game, the tight margins, the diving etc - they simply can’t and have to make blind decisions and guesses - so that’s why I favour VAR - all I want is refs to have some tech help if they are unsure - I don’t see why that’s such a shocking thing to want.

Agree that it cocked up tonight by all accounts - not having VAR in place is ridiculous for tonight’s match - it did prove the lino would have got it wrong without VAR though

Last point, agree it could be open to corruption - I’ve agreed also that there needs to be more transparency. But I also believe it’s easier to manipulate a match without VAR - an official can just flag or point to the spot with the excuse of that’s what they thought they saw - and we’d just have to accept that.

Finally, a couple on here can’t be balanced - and any arguments for VAR is met with ‘wum’ and ‘Bluehammer will tell us it’s a brilliant system’ without being able to quote me on that.

Last edited:
VAR is wank and doesn't work fairly or efficently because our refs are shite or seemingly corrupt.

fuck it off the Wednesday v geordies game was much better for not having it, both had an iffy goal each, the game wasn't spoiled though.

If every fan could happily accept ‘iffy’ goals going against them - then I would happily bin VAR forever

But they simply scream corruption and go mad (like tonight’s goal without the use of VAR)

The thing with VAR and offside which you need to keep in mind is that the system is perfect and that these are objective on or off decisions. That’s the official line

There are no so many examples of the imperfections of offside that it is now unreliable.

If it were the same with goal line tech it would have been withdrawn by now

VAR offside should be withdrawn until the tech improves

If every fan could happily accept ‘iffy’ goals going against them - then I would happily bin VAR forever

But they simply scream corruption and go mad.
As shearer said of the offside wednesday goal, well so was newcastles so evens it out.

that attitude was accepted by fans for over a century, some go for you, some go against you, now with VAR people find the game more bent than before it as officials purposely make bad calls after reviewing it, now that is wrong, make so than an honest mistake in the flow of the game is firgivable, tbus ahitshow isn't.

Our officials are not good enough or competent enough to use VAR as it should be or seemingly a fee favour some clubs more than others.

You can’t win . Either have VAR in all games or don’t.It really is simple as that, many want both regarding the outcome. Let’s be honest and be very honest if that was us tonight we’d be chalking wolves’s goal offside, Because the liner called it. No point in having var then going with the match officials. That’s what stinks with the the whole system.

Happy to go along with this - but how many offsides decisions are they getting incorrect this season ? I’m asking out of curiosity and if there’s any stats on this
We can start with all of the mm decisions. I’d say upwards of 20 in the last season and a half of those

As shearer said of the offside wednesday goal, well so was newcastles so evens it out.

that attitude was accepted by fans for over a century, some go for you, some go against you.

I really disagree with this.
Fans never accepted offside goals being given or players diving in the area to win penalty’s - absolute uproar by fans and was the main talking points after every match.

Believe me I’d love to live in a world where fans could accept poor decisions and we wouldn’t need VAR - but nowadays, no chance, especially with social media and how scrutinised every match is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.