VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fed up with the whole Var nonsense and the general state of officiating. It’s all bullshit to keep the money coming in. No different to a betting syndicate. The time management when City played Everton was a disgrace.

After watching the World Cup, you notice how much the opposition spend cheating in England and the ref is complicit. Watch tomorrow how much time is wasted when city play the chavs. Not sure what realistically can be done.

Guarantee if City don’t put the game away early tomorrow or we struggle, Var/officials will find a way to make sure we go out.

Cunts the lot of them. Game has been stolen.

As shearer said of the offside wednesday goal, well so was newcastles so evens it out.

that attitude was accepted by fans for over a century, some go for you, some go against you, now with VAR people find the game more bent than before it as officials purposely make bad calls after reviewing it, now that is wrong, make so than an honest mistake in the flow of the game is firgivable, tbus ahitshow isn't.

Our officials are not good enough or competent enough to use VAR as it should be or seemingly a fee favour some clubs more than others.
I never accepted it. We got shafted regularly. Never evened itself out.

I really disagree with this.
Fans never accepted offside goals being given or players diving in the area to win penalty’s - absolute uproar by fans and was the main talking points after every match.

Believe me I’d love to live in a world where fans could accept poor decisions and we wouldn’t need VAR - but nowadays, no chance, especially with social media and how scrutinised every match is
VAR makes objective decisions based on tech which isn’t accurate. And on the subjective ones re referees the game with a different subjective decision. You see it as a force for righting wrongs. It simply doesn’t.

You can’t win . Either have VAR in all games or don’t.It really is simple as that, many want both regarding the outcome. Let’s be honest and be very honest if that was us tonight we’d be chalking wolves’s goal offside, Because the liner called it. No point in having var then going with the match officials. That’s what stinks with the the whole system.

Is it not the case that lower league clubs are not set up for VAR so can’t use it - in that case it’s just a match without VAR - 11v11 for both sides - I don’t see why that’s unfair

Happy to have no VAR for cup matches at all by way - I just don’t see how it’s unfair on any club whether they have VAR or not

You see it as a force for righting wrongs. It simply doesn’t.

But what about the countless decisions it does right the wrongs ?

Just two recent examples -

Cresswell got ball smashed in his face v Arsenal and the referee awarded a penalty … VAR thankfully overturned. How would a penalty of been fair ? A ball smashed in your face and you concede a penalty!

Equally Bowen got completely wiped out v Leeds and the ref pointed for a goal kick. VAR saw it was the most blatant penalty ever and the ref awarded it. Again.. how would no penalty of been right.

None of the ridiculous decisions the refs get wrong that gets overturned get talked about

Is it not the case that lower league clubs are not set up for VAR so can’t use it - in that case it’s just a match without VAR - 11v11 for both sides - I don’t see why that’s unfair

Happy to have no VAR for cup matches at all by way - I just don’t see how it’s unfair on any club whether they have VAR or not
All matches in a given competition should be played under the same rules, using the same supporting systems.

If they aren’t, then it is not a fair competition.

You wouldn’t accept some games having an 18 yard box painted and and some not, would you?

honestly VAR ain’t the problem it’s the useless bastards using it .......... they are nothing but poor officials and these same poor officials are still gonna continue to make poor decisions with or without a tv screen .............. Fook I’m actually glad I watch football at my level at least they are just bad full stop .......... your level consists of being bad with tv evidence to help them out

All matches in a given competition should be played under the same rules, using the same supporting systems.

If they aren’t, then it is not a fair competition.

You wouldn’t accept some games having an 18 yard box painted and and some not, would you?

Wigan v Man City (they have VAR in place and use it )

Wigan v Man City (they don’t have VAR in place so just use officials)

… for which team is this unfair on ?

But what about the countless decisions it does right the wrongs ?

Just two recent examples -

Cresswell got ball smashed in his face v Arsenal and the referee awarded a penalty … VAR thankfully overturned. How would a penalty of been fair ? A ball smashed in your face and you concede a penalty!

Equally Bowen got completely wiped out v Leeds and the ref pointed for a goal kick. VAR saw it was the most blatant penalty ever and the ref awarded it. Again.. how would no penalty of been right.

None of the ridiculous decisions the refs get wrong that gets overturned get talked about
And what about the ones it’s got wrong (see this massive thread)

I’m not against tech per se. If they had a screen for a ref to check stuff that would be great. Pretending there is a perfect system for objective decisions and re refereeing games with a different subjective decision is a dogs dinner

I think you are basically saying it gets way more right than it gets wrong? So did refs for 100+years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.