VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

So unless VAR is saying that they have conclusive proof the ball came off a Wolves player (first frame), that is an onside goal (second frame).

B7262580-D1-A0-4746-90-AE-D8-F90441-B0-EB.jpg

FFC71-AD3-16-EA-4-F9-F-8-EA7-C1-C4-F887-C8-D2.jpg

I think it is the case mate I might be wrong , the whole shit show with var in my opinion has fooked football. Being there at the match was a build up of anticipation and when we score was a mass celebration with your mates and family and those you’ve met along the way . Now we go and look left and right at the screen to see if we can can celebrate or not. Sad that I’ll be there tomorrow with my youngest and if we score she’ll looks at me to ask is it goal or not .
VAR suits the keyboard neutral warriors sat at home who simply have no effin clue regards what football means to us the proper lads and lasses . No pop at you mate either.

It’s fine - I totally get that angle.

When a goal scored now - you just can’t feel 100% and it’s something you may never get used too.Genuinely that is a shame.

I’ve experienced both sides, ST holder for over 30 years now - despite the above, I still love football, I still celebrate, I still advocate for tech help for officials.

Will it ever be right. Nope. Will it ever be fair. Nope - Can they keep pursuing ways to improve decisions and reduce the mistakes officials make - I really hope so and that’s why I advocate for VAR - it can always improve - old way of officiating couldn’t

Also I don’t agree that ‘football is f*cked’ - everyone still loves it really, average attendances in the PL have increased to record highs, same for viewing figures and lower leagues without VAR want it - My brother is a Southend fan - he says it’s actually hilarious the decisions Refs get wrong and can only dream of having VAR down there (anecdotal I know)

So unless VAR is saying that they have conclusive proof the ball came off a Wolves player (first frame), that is an onside goal (second frame).

B7262580-D1-A0-4746-90-AE-D8-F90441-B0-EB.jpg

FFC71-AD3-16-EA-4-F9-F-8-EA7-C1-C4-F887-C8-D2.jpg
It's the second frame that matters as that's when he becomes active. This just smells of corruption. There's no way there's not at least two camera angles one near, one far side

MOTD analysis after the game - the "checking disallowed goal-offside" section - when ball is headed bavk out toward corner, wolves player on line between the grass lines (ie at 6 yards from touchline). At least FOUR dippers clearly IN the 6 yard box, TAA nearest goal. Clearly a legit goal.

MOTD analysis after the game - the "checking disallowed goal-offside" section - when ball is headed bavk out toward corner, wolves player on line between the grass lines (ie at 6 yards from touchline). At least FOUR dippers clearly IN the 6 yard box, TAA nearest goal. Clearly a legit goal.
Also, linesman started walking back up the line with flag down..... until told to raise it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.