VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
BENT AS FUCK.
Yep.

FFC71-AD3-16-EA-4-F9-F-8-EA7-C1-C4-F887-C8-D2.jpg

I’ve posted many times I hate VAR and don’t think it’s fit for purpose yet at technology isn’t good or accurate enough. I never thought though that it was corrupt - just shit run by blokes that were equally as shit. After just seeing that on MOTD after a night out, I can come to no other confusion than that was corrupt! Absolutely stinks. The most blatant match fixing since Grobbalarr. I’m struggling to comprehend or understand what I just saw. Who was the VAR ref?

The referee and their officials and the VAR team know there is no Var definite camera angle at that end.

I don't know if same at other end or not.

As they are aware of this they know if they raise their flag, the VAR team will not overule that raised flag.

That brings open to abuse and corruption into play.

To prevent that opportunity, VAR should use whatever imagery they do have to see if it verifies an offside

Or not. If they cannot verify an infringement, in this case offside, then the goal should stand. Even moreso

this year, where if Lino is correct but they apply thicker lines, then the Lino red flag is overuled by VAR.

Amazing how for decades the offside rule worked with out all this phase bollocks :(

If the ball is played forward and your stood in an offside decision regardless if your interfering with play or not then your OFFSIDE is that to much to ask ?????

Agree with this. Don't get me started on the new off-side rules. It's as if they have a shiny new toy in VAR and they are making more and more rules that try to turn off-side into a yes/no factual decision but every time they do it, they open up more detailed cases where a new rule is needed. There is no absolute certainty in science, or anything else including football.

Nobody on the planet would have had a problem with Salah's goal being ruled out for off-side. Only contrived rules meant to make the decision more factually correct fuck it all up.

I read Dale Johnson's view on this. Apparently, they have to determine a deliberate play or not. But then if someone is heading the ball, there should be more leeway. Then if they are jumping to head the ball, that is also taken into account. What next? The sun was out? Was it shining in his face? It was winter, so the sun was low? There were solar flares that day? You can go on and on with these dumb rules. He was offside when Gakpo attempted to play the ball to him. He gained an advantage by being offside. Blow the fucking whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.