VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In years gone by, this would be a scandal. Not once have we been told that there’s an issue at a PL ground and since its inception fans have been arguing whether VAR is working at that ground. Now we find that there is an issue and it doesn’t work in a particular area so therefore not playing within the rules.

How the hell have we got to this point with, after many years of implementation, the rules not being properly applied and the benefit of doubt being implemented on a subjective basis. Remember, we were told that certain decisions aren’t subjective, they’re black and white.

And this is the crux of it all. Do we know if all grounds have the same VAR capability?

If not, the whole system is fkd. This is the real question arising from the revelation last night. How limited is VAR at Anfield or anywhere else for that matter?

Klopp has seemingly let the cat out of the bag here.

Let’s see what transpires but I think I know the answer to that question unfortunately.

You can’t defend last night.

That’s the discussion here right now, last night and there is no point harping on about it getting something right now and then when the issue is it getting something so very wrong.

If it’s true that Anfield and Old Trafford for whatever reason are unable to implement the technology needed for VAR 100% then it’s a disgrace worthy of discussion at the highest levels.
Only two grounds don't have a big screen
Before var came in they said every ground had to have big screens to show var replays.
Been a farce from day one.
Just like the game is now

It's the second frame that matters as that's when he becomes active. This just smells of corruption. There's no way there's not at least two camera angles one near, one far side
When do they take the picture.
Is it when contact is made with the ball.
Is it when the ball leaves the players foot.
How soon after it leaves his foot.
Do they always take the picture at exactly the same time.
It's open to manipulation in favour of certain teams.
I really have just about had it with football altogether.
Hardly watch any games apart from city this was the first apart from our games I've watched since the world cup final it underlined why I dont

so they are saying they don't have corner video angles good enough at Anfield ?

offside_3410811b.jpg

Having just watched MOTD, those of you with iPlayer scroll to 1:20:00 on the catch up replay. When the Wolves third goal goes in, the lino keeps his flag down and starts walking back to the halfway line as if a goal has been scored. Who tells him to stop and put his flag up and why?
Exactly my question. The lino walks so who told him to put his flag up? Could only have been the ref or VAR but with the speed that it was given there was no opportunity for VAR to review so therefore must’ve been the ref who would not have known. Or, was it a call by the mythical Match Commander?

Either way, it’s proved that VAR is not fit for purpose and that the game is being manipulated to get certain results.

Having just watched MOTD, those of you with iPlayer scroll to 1:20:00 on the catch up replay. When the Wolves third goal goes in, the lino keeps his flag down and starts walking back to the halfway line as if a goal has been scored. Who tells him to stop and put his flag up and why?
The ref...

In years gone by, this would be a scandal. Not once have we been told that there’s an issue at a PL ground and since its inception fans have been arguing whether VAR is working at that ground. Now we find that there is an issue and it doesn’t work in a particular area so therefore not playing within the rules.

How the hell have we got to this point with, after many years of implementation, the rules not being properly applied and the benefit of doubt being implemented on a subjective basis. Remember, we were told that certain decisions aren’t subjective, they’re black and white.
They thought they could get away with it that’s why it’s a disgrace tbh ........... what would happen if a decision that could affect a league title or CL place happened ?????
No doubt they will try to magically fix it now .............. just shows how fooking shocking the whole set up is ......... I bet the likes of Forest wouldn’t have got away with not having the right equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.