VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a wedding yesterday in the middle of the countryside and there wasn't any signal, so didn't see anything football related until we just got home this morning. Just seen they cheated to keep the dippers in the FA cup. It's weird how they have problems with VAR working there properly when it benefits them. The whole thing stinks.

The huge conflict of interest with VAR is that the broadcasters supply the pictures and dictate the angles and shots shown. The same broadcasters who are beholden to the sponsors and who all make more money out of showing Utd and Liverpool than any other clubs. It would be commercial self harm for either of those clubs to be permitted to lose in the third round, so the true VAR picture is simply withheld and on we go with Liverpool winning the replay and everybody happy. It is the same reason why it was a nailed on certainty that United were getting Charlton in the League Cup draw.
So, are you saying that the game is being manipulated for commercial benefit?

So now we all know that there is a blind spot at Anfield, why are teams playing matches there ? Teams should boycott it . If the other teams ,excluding the scum, got together and did this the blindspot would be sorted out within days. The Prem would have to do something to protect their "product" they wouldn't like it but they would be forced to do something.

So let's have a look at the three seasons pre- and post-VAR.

Pre: 8, 3 and 7 penalties

Actually one more post-VAR than pre-.

You are using this year to date, which as far as I can tell is 0 penalties, to try to justify a point when it is just an outlier due to other factors, probably due to the fact they are crap this year.

You don't need to do it. I think most reasonable people would agree that the availability of VAR has led to a reduction in play-acting and trying to con the ref, as we saw very clearly, I think, at the world cup.

But this whole discussion started because the feeling was that, if someone trod on Salah's foot when he was running in the box at Anfield, he would get a penalty. Let's see if that happens and, if it does, what the result is.
Disagree.
Var has increased play-acting, increased players haranguing the ref and increased players going down at the slightest touch.

So VAR found him offside. The DT this morning sez it was all based on the lino flagging 'cos VAR couldn't make a decision one way or the other. It's yet another single instance where smoke 'n mirrors are used to decide the outcome of a game.

Clear as fuckin' day Wolves have been screwed.

As long as clubs don't kick up a fuss about being cheated at Anfield then it will just continue and be accepted as the norm .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.