VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as clubs don't kick up a fuss about being cheated at Anfield then it will just continue and be accepted as the norm .
If clubs kicked off about being cheated the FA would be at their front door with a charge of bringing the game into disrepute. Yesterday stinks, and the FA know that sooner or later a stink disappears, never to re-appear, and then another stink comes along.

I would like to hear from four or five refs who haven't seen any video footage and get them to suggest what happens next. There will not be unanimity, one way or the other. And were the FA/PiGMOL to explain why the goal was chalked off we could probably find a dozen examples where an identical scenario resulted in a goal!

The game is being manipulated and results are being massaged.

The only way Salah goal can stand is

1, ref and linesman dont know the correct interpretation of rule. ( changed after City against villa )

2, bent.

Now do we believe that the ref, linesman and var dont know the rules ? If that is the case they need sacking off. Or the only other case is that game was bent.

Also why is Anfield allowed to be a premier league ground when it cant accommodate VAR.

Those wolves fans at Anfield wont have had a clue what VAR was looking at. That cant be right.

The whole thing about LFC and VAR stinks.

They haven't had a pen because it was getting to obvious what was going on. As night follows day Salah or Mane would fall over, so they have had to be a bit more subtle in how they use VAR to manipulate dipper results .

So, are you saying that the game is being manipulated for commercial benefit?
Yes absolutely, and VAR has just created a perfect way for the advertisers, sponsors and broadcasters to maximise revenue, audiences and influence. They want title races that go to the wire, the traditional superpowers in the cup finals and so on, because it directly increases revenues. It was largely glossed over at the time when a TV executive said after the Bradford - Swansea league cup final ‘this must never be allowed to happen again, we could not sell this match anywhere’.
Perversely, having been traditional outsiders, we are now more likely than we were to benefit from this sort of stuff, because of the global appeal of people like Pep, KDB, Haaland. Global appeal equates to additional revenues and so on.
Most of the time the manipulation is subtle, but when it is a last minute winning goal against a protected club, they just ’lose’ the key picture and protect the revenue stream. As somebody who has watched and invested in football all my life and had a season ticket for 43 years, it saddens me to say it, but I genuinely believe that the game of football itself is largely clean, but it is totally manipulated by external commercial interests.

Yes absolutely, and VAR has just created a perfect way for the advertisers, sponsors and broadcasters to maximise revenue, audiences and influence. They want title races that go to the wire, the traditional superpowers in the cup finals and so on, because it directly increases revenues. It was largely glossed over at the time when a TV executive said after the Bradford - Swansea league cup final ‘this must never be allowed to happen again, we could not sell this match anywhere’.
Perversely, having been traditional outsiders, we are now more likely than we were to benefit from this sort of stuff, because of the global appeal of people like Pep, KDB, Haaland. Global appeal equates to additional revenues and so on.
Most of the time the manipulation is subtle, but when it is a last minute winning goal against a protected club, they just ’lose’ the key picture and protect the revenue stream. As somebody who has watched and invested in football all my life and had a season ticket for 43 years, it saddens me to say it, but I genuinely believe that the game of football itself is largely clean, but it is totally manipulated by external commercial interests.
Completely agree and the reason that everybody goes along with it is … money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.