VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember the game where we lost 4-3 there? It was the first season of VAR and decisions were taking absolutely ages to be made at every match. The day before, a marginal offside decision at Spurs had taken over 4 minutes to be made. Salah scored for them with an equally marginal offside and it had apparently been checked and awarded before he'd even finished running off to celebrate. That was at that end of the ground.....
I knew I wasn’t going mad, very much remember that incident.

There was always 2 grounds were the installation was a problem at as it would affect ground capacity.
Yet the hugely rich rugby league (sarcasm alert) ensures all grounds have screens including the grand final as it’s essential. Tough if capacity is affected.

Without VAR they can magically give penalty’s though - just point to the spot whenever a tussle from a corner or give a penalty when Salah decides to dive - as was happening pre VAR

I accept there is technical flaws and wrong decisions which will forever happen - I’m not convinced pure corruption solely to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd exists - I’m yet to be swayed despite the odd decision that goes there way - that’s not me being a wum by the way - just feel it would have to involve dozens and dozens of officials and one of them would openly spill the beans by now. All for corruption to be closely scrutinised by fans though
I don't think there is institutionalised corruption to the benefit of certain teams either.

But I do think some officials have a certain bias towards certain teams. And that VAR gives them a further opportunity to influence results.

In that case why aren’t fans boycotting ? Why are attendances at record levels in the PL
When normal fans get pissed off and stop going they get replaced with upper class tourists.
Which suits the league and the clubs.
Less riff raff naughty little boys going.
And the more tourists the more bodies who go in the club shops and buy the over priced kits

Without VAR they can magically give penalty’s though - just point to the spot whenever a tussle from a corner or give a penalty when Salah decides to dive - as was happening pre VAR

I accept there is technical flaws and wrong decisions which will forever happen - I’m not convinced pure corruption solely to benefit Liverpool and Man Utd exists - I’m yet to be swayed despite the odd decision that goes there way - that’s not me being a wum by the way - just feel it would have to involve dozens and dozens of officials and one of them would openly spill the beans by now. All for corruption to be closely scrutinised by fans though
There have been officials that have either hinted at or outright said there is match manipulation (and at least one who said match fixing, full stop) in the premier league. But, shortly after doing so, they almost always go very quiet. Some retract their statements and others are shuffled off to far flung roles where they are out of the public eye whilst the controversy blows over.

The FA, League, and PGMOL have quite a lot of legal and financial power. It’s a similar power wielded by UEFA and FIFA, two organisation known the world over for saintly and virtuous operations.

There are many instances of corruption taking decades to expose, for the simple reason that people can be kept silent through coercion, threat, and brute force.

It is very telling that every time a highly suspect, controversial incident like the one last night where the referee told linesmen to raise his flag (knowing that the potential offside occurred in one of the blindsides of the stadium so VAR would not be able to overrule the decision), there is only a cursory explanation provided and then the established media and league/FA talking heads move on as if there is nothing more to be scrutinised.

But there getting shit results
They are, but there is only so much manipulation you can do if the team is indeed playing badly without it becoming obvious . The scum have had bad seasons in fact it looked like the prem had given up on the scum after they had manipulated them into fourth spot a season or two ago and the scum didn't improve afterwards . But of course they along with dippers will always be given little helping hand as and when they need it from the Prem, gotta keep the "product" sustainable to sell to oversea TV stations .

There have been officials that have either hinted at or outright said there is match manipulation (and at least one who said match fixing, full stop) in the premier league. But, shortly after doing so, they almost always go very quiet. Some retract their statements and others are shuffled off to far flung roles where they are out of the public eye whilst the controversy blows over.

The FA, League, and PGMOL have quite a lot of legal and financial power. It’s a similar power wielded but UEFA and FIFA, two organisation known the world over for saintly and virtuous operations.

There are many instances of corruption taking decades to expose, for the simple reason that people can be kept silent through coercion, threat, and brute force.

It is very telling that every time a highly suspect, controversial incident like the one last night where the referee told linesmen to raise his flag (knowing that the potential offside occurred in one of the blindsides of the stadium so VAR would not be able to overrule the decision), there is only a cursory explanation provided and then the established media and league/FA talking heads move on as if there is nothing more to be scrutinised.

I don’t deny it has happened in the past and there’s examples of match fixing around the world all the time

I would really love to be swayed officials and the FA all club together and think of ways to benefit only Liverpool and Man Utd and no one else - they’ve made a huge mistake with VAR as since the introduction both sides haven’t won much at all and Man City have dominated - they need to scrap VAR and go back to simply pointing to the spot/flagging whenever they can benefit them two clubs - if that is the sole purpose of the PL corruption

He gets upset when Blues call him a troll and a spammer.
He came on here last night and started. I went to bed. I got up this morning and had to skip 10 or so pages because he was still on. Did he go to bed ?

I was having good debates and seeing and accepting many arguments - it was nice to have posters not spewing bollox at me and calling me a wum and instead in engaging adult debate - you should learn from majority on here

Last edited:
Football was fine before var.
In the ground its an absolute joke .
You can't celebrate a goal.
You don't have a clue why the game has been stopped.
But then the fa don't give a fuck about fans that go to the games only what's good for tv
That’s it, in a nutshell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.