VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet again the technology worked a treat in the recent World Cup as it did in the Euros and WC in Russia. Yet again the Premier League and English FA allow PGMOL do their own thing because "we know better".

One point about the world cup VAR. The use of VAR was in new stadiums. In the premier league VAR is use in at least two stadiums ( dippers and rags ) where their grounds are not up to premier spec.

This makes any games played there a farce and ruins the integrity of the league or cup ( integrity of the fa cup is a farce involving VAR in some games and not others )

Unfortunately for football fans, the two clubs will piss poor statiums are the press/media favourites. So nothing is said about their statiums.

In other levels of the football if your ground isnt up to spec you cant be promoted. The higher up you go the worst the rules are applied.

In the so called best league in the world, you have two out of date statiums. Along with some being used for rugby.

For the best league in the world why arent the stadiums/pitches ? As fans we are being ripped off with high tickets, poor ko dates and times, and poor statiums and pitches.

VAR is clearly being used to fix games.

Salah goal 100% off side as the interpretation was changed after Silva's goal. No excuse. I cant believe the ref and VAR went against the interpretation.
I have no idea where the off side is for wolves 3rd goal.

I don’t deny it has happened in the past and there’s examples of match fixing around the world all the time

I would really love to be swayed officials and the FA all club together and think of ways to benefit only Liverpool and Man Utd and no one else - they’ve made a huge mistake with VAR as since the introduction both sides haven’t won much at all and Man City have dominated - they need to scrap VAR and go back to simply pointing to the spot/flagging whenever they can benefit them two clubs - if that is the sole purpose of the PL corruption
You’re building a strawman argument, which is unnecessary. I’ve never argued the sole purpose of PL corruption is to benefit Liverpool and United.

I have, however, argued that the league and FA are incentivised to “protect the product”. And I am very confident in my argument because the league and FA have said the exact same thing themselves, over and over again.

And their “product” is at risk if one team dominates the competition. Thus, they will act to curtail the dominant teams success whilst aiding other teams with plausible ability to challenge that team.

Whether it is United or Liverpool or Chelsea or Tottenham or Arsenal… or Leicester City, they’ll do what they can to “protect the product”.

If you don’t agree with me or think I am a conspiracy nut, just go ask the PL execs about whether they want City to dominant the league for years to come.

And, if they don’t (they don’t), how would they go about stopping us from doing it?

I don't think there is institutionalised corruption to the benefit of certain teams either.

But I do think some officials have a certain bias towards certain teams. And that VAR gives them a further opportunity to influence results.

and that my friend is the rub ?
some officials have a certain bias towards certain teams

you can give gift's to buy that Bias ? nice watch, holiday, homes, cars, the list goes on and on

One point about the world cup VAR. The use of VAR was in new stadiums. In the premier league VAR is use in at least two stadiums ( dippers and rags ) where their grounds are not up to premier spec.

This makes any games played there a farce and ruins the integrity of the league or cup ( integrity of the fa cup is a farce involving VAR in some games and not others )

Unfortunately for football fans, the two clubs will piss poor statiums are the press/media favourites. So nothing is said about their statiums.

In other levels of the football if your ground isnt up to spec you cant be promoted. The higher up you go the worst the rules are applied.

In the so called best league in the world, you have two out of date statiums. Along with some being used for rugby.

For the best league in the world why arent the stadiums/pitches ? As fans we are being ripped off with high tickets, poor ko dates and times, and poor statiums and pitches.

VAR is clearly being used to fix games.

Salah goal 100% off side as the interpretation was changed after Silva's goal. No excuse. I cant believe the ref and VAR went against the interpretation.
I have no idea where the off side is for wolves 3rd goal.

It quite clearly isn’t 100% off side though. It is in fact right on the edge of the official description of what is and what isn’t classed as a “deliberate play” of the ball. The VAR is never going to over rule such a subjective decision. I believe he should have referred it back to the referee to make that decision though.

you can give gift's to buy that Bias ? nice watch, holiday, homes, cars, the list goes on and on

The ‘certain’ teams though are Liverpool and Man Utd - think they need to up there gifts and manipulate results a lot better - both sides been shite since VAR and they’ve allowed there biggest rivals Man City to dominate

I didn't know who started it. Full credit where it's due.
R.I.P. Fella
I always ensure it is known who started it after the rags stole the phrase, changed it to Hate Glazers Love Rag Fuckwits and claimed it as their own. Tom even had badges made with it on. To me it sums up everything I feel about football, Var, the linesmans comms breaking etc etc. Hate Football Love City.

There maybe the odd case over the years but if that was the case it would be on the PL/PGMOL/FA/FA off to ensure that said official is brought to book.

As we’ve seen time and time again, they are there the very next game.

So why haven’t Liverpool had a penalty this season ?

Doesn't always need to be penalties given, as often it is the goals ( or cards ) not given against them which are just as , if not more relevent.

Like the Wolves goal last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.