VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always ensure it is known who started it after the rags stole the phrase, changed it to Hate Glazers Love Rag Fuckwits and claimed it as their own. Tom even had badges made with it on. To me it sums up everything I feel about football, Var, the linesmans comms breaking etc etc. Hate Football Love City.
As I say, I didn't know the origin. Your friend Tom has left a lasting legacy.
Keep up the good work

Anyone remember the game where we lost 4-3 there? It was the first season of VAR and decisions were taking absolutely ages to be made at every match. The day before, a marginal offside decision at Spurs had taken over 4 minutes to be made. Salah scored for them with an equally marginal offside and it had apparently been checked and awarded before he'd even finished running off to celebrate. That was at that end of the ground.....

I remember it well - it stunk to high heaven. They’d been drawing lines and yet we never saw any replay or lines for that one

Put it to the fans. Do you want VAR or go back to the days when you could go ballistic when you scored.

Liverpool get penalty’s = corruption

Liverpool don’t get penalty’s = secret corruption
There’s your strawman peeking out again. ;-)

Times have changed. Dubious penalties being awarded was once a viable method of match manipulation. But now, with the rise of match statistical data collection and the magic of regression analysis, it is no longer a valid means of doing so because it would be too easily detected as an aberrant pattern.

You’re arguing within an antiquated framework. You need to move in to the 21st century (with the league, FA, and PGMOL).

In that case why aren’t fans boycotting ? Why are attendances at record levels in the PL
I find it quite sinister that "football" chooses to turn a blind eye to something which is blatantly obvious ie the manipulation of outcomes as was clearly the case last night.

And of course every time something like this happens, the usual suspects nod sagely, rub their chins and throw-out the usual whataboutery bollocks with the pure and simple aim of denial of the obvious through obfuscation.

Meanwhile the game in this country continues to be subverted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.